Unlimited Playback License release

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
QNAPAlanK
QNAP Staff

Unlimited Playback License release

Post by QNAPAlanK »

Hello Everyone

We are starting to sell the Unlimited Playback License now, it supported by QVR Pro 1.2.1.

How to buy:
Go to https://license.qnap.com/#/license_product?pid=14

Below is the whole license comparison table

Important info of license:
*1. From QVR Pro 1.2.1.0, channel license installation will not be limited by QVR Pro Gold.
>> So user could buy channel license directly. But it will still be limited by 14 days playback limitation.
*2. Without QVR Pro Gold, you can still access all previous recordings via File Station.
*3. QVR Center itself is a free application that does not require licenses. By default, QVR Center can manage up to 2 QVR Pro servers without activating licenses.
Note: Starting from QVR Center 1.1, you can also manage Surveillance Station & QVR 5.1.x in QVR Center. (Including Live & Playback)
*4. Every NAS could only install single QVR Pro Gold or single QVR Pro Unlimited Playback.
*5. Every license can only be used on one QNAP NAS and is not transferable.
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Unlimited Playback License release

Post by storageman »

Alan,

The fact you had to explain all this in the notes shows how over complicated Qnap have made QVR Pro (licences to buy) (edited).

What was wrong with setting licence packs with unlimited recording from the get go, just like SS had? That would have kept it simple.
Last edited by storageman on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QNAPAlanK
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPAlanK »

Surveillance Station is a simple surveillance server solution, it could running at entry level NAS.

QVR Pro use more database technique, so we could provide more IoT Integration possibility, or future AI analytic integration, so it needs more powerful NAS model.

In my viewpoint, 2 kinds of surveillance solution could meet different user group’s requirement.

Alan
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

You misunderstand.

Not the application the method of buying licences!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
QNAPAlanK
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPAlanK »

Thanks for providing me the ”KISS principle”, we are simplifying the complex QVR Pro license design, so we remove the Gold license installation limitation, it is the first step.

We are still collecting customer’s suggestion.
xman1
Know my way around

Post by xman1 »

$100 is way overpriced for the home user. You might get me at $20 or $30, but $100? Come on! This functionality should be free like every other product.
spikemixture
Been there, done that

Post by spikemixture »

xman1 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:42 am $100 is way overpriced for the home user. You might get me at $20 or $30, but $100? Come on! This functionality should be free like every other product.
Yep what xman said!
Qnap TS-1277 1700 (48gb RAM) 8x10TB WD White,- Raid5, 2x M.2 Crucial 1TB (Raid 1 VM),
2x SSD 860 EVO 500gb (Raid1 QTS), 2x SSD 860 EVO 250GB (Cache), 2x M.2 PCIe 970 500gb NVME (Raid1 Plex and Emby server)
GTX 1050 TI
Qnap TVS-1282 i7 (32GB RAM) 6x8TB WD White - JBOD, 2x M.2 Crucial 500gb (Raid1 VM),
2x SSD EVO 500gb (Raid1 QTS), 2x SSD EVO 250gb (Raid1 Cache), 2x M.2 PCIe Intel 512GB NVME (Raid1-Servers)
Synology -1817+ - DOA
Drobo 5n - 5x4TB Seagate, - Drobo Raid = 15TB
ProBox 8 Bay USB3 - 49TB mixed drives - JBOD
All software is updated asap.
I give my opinion from my experience i.e. I have (or had) that piece of equipment/software and used it! :roll:
wilsodg
Know my way around

Post by wilsodg »

I’m confused so buying nothing atm.
I have one 872xt and one 670pro. I run SS on both, and they are both good for 4 free cameras. With SS, I can view the cameras on the other SS it seems as if they are all on the same NAS.

I actually have 12 Vivotek cameras. These can also record directly to the NAS, and have separate Event record modes (so I can see alert recording in a different directory). At the moment I use this for the the 4 that are not in SS. Technically, for simple recording, I don’t need SS or QVRP..

About the only function I want is to be able to playback all cameras to one display on the same timeline (so I can watch an event from different angles simultaneously)

I’m interested in QVR pro - either just on the 872, or split 6+6.
Do I get 8 free feeds with each QVRP? Or do I have to pay from the first camera?
What would I need to buy if I put them all on the 872? I’m thinking an additional 8 feeds plus unlimited replay (plus a base license?). It’s not clear.

Or stay on SS and buy 4 additional feeds for SS to have them all within SS? Is SS long for this world?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TVS-872XT with TR-004 and D800C
TS670Pro with UX500-P expansion
TS569Pro
rafale
Easy as a breeze

Post by rafale »

I too am totally confused by this license. I am just not sure what it does. Is it about using QVR Pro to playback recordings not made with the QVR Pro software, meaning which are not one of the cameras which already have a license or is it that the playback time allowed for these licensed cameras are currently limited and can only be played back on other software currently? or something else??

@QNAP do you know that Blue IRIS offers unlimited camera licenses with much more functionality (especially in IOT terms) and camera support for $50? Are you trying to price yourself out of the market?
Server: TVS-872XT i9 9900 ES, 64GB DDR4 2666MHz, intel X550-T2, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC (On pico PSU), 2x Phison E12 1TB M.2, 4x Micron 5210 7.68TB, 4x WD Purple 4TB
Backup NAS: TS-473 20GB DDR4 2400MHz, Mellanox ConnectX3, 2x Samsung PM871b 256GB M.2, 4x WD Red 8TB
Former units: TVS-1282, TS-871, TS-469
ronaldm
Starting out

Post by ronaldm »

I would pay $99 if it delivers additional features. Meaning allow my camera feeds stream to a smart display: Google Nest Hub or Alexa Show. QNap should release an app or compatible skill

Return to “Surveillance Solution”