New and lost! Help needed setting up....

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
livefeed
Starting out

New and lost! Help needed setting up....

Post by livefeed »

Hello,

I have an empty NAS TVS-882 with lots of storage and a mustang 200 card, I have extra ram and ssd's etc. I want to set up a super fast Plex Server, QTV Pro camera system, file storage for everyday use and video editing storage for this NAS. I am lost on how to set this up the best way so I can use Qiter etc cache, ssd/hhd etc.

Could you please help me out, I can let you have access into my NAS

Thanks.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: New and lost! Help needed setting up....

Post by dolbyman »

please dont post more than once

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=148508
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Post by Bob Zelin »

we answered your question on the Mustang 200. No one knows the answer to this. Not even Robby at Span, who posts YouTube videos of everything QNAP does. What do you expect this card to do ?
You do not specify what kind of video editing you are doing - fun at home with your GoPro ? Or professional video editing ? You are not doing Pro video editing with only 6 drives and no 10G ports.
The TVS-882 has slots for a 10G card, but you did not specify if you have this. And you want to use the same box for QVR Pro for a security system ? For a professional security system, or just to watch your home ? File storage for everyday use will work of course - again - for your office, or your home ? How many computers, accounting files, pro video files, photos ? You give no details, and you want help. What kind of help do you need ? How to setup the QNAP ? How to use QVR Pro ? What applications take advantage of the Mustang 200 card (I would sure love to know).

Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin / Rescue 1, Inc.
http://www.bobzelin.com
livefeed
Starting out

Post by livefeed »

Bob, not a problem QNAP worked on my unit today and got it set up perfectly. The mustang card is working great for me and my work load.
Bob Zelin
Experience counts

Post by Bob Zelin »

would you like to tell us exactly what applications are being accelerated by the Mustang card ?

Bob Zelin
Bob Zelin / Rescue 1, Inc.
http://www.bobzelin.com

Return to “Users' Corner”