[SOLVED] Recordings stopped following QVR Pro 1.2.1.2 install

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
GarryMartin
New here

[SOLVED] Recordings stopped following QVR Pro 1.2.1.2 install

Post by GarryMartin »

The police were called to a neighbouring property last night after an attempted break-in. As a result, I went to review my recordings to see if there was anything that could be useful to them to find that nothing has been recorded since the upgrade to QVR Pro 1.2.1.2 on 15/03/2019. Everything looks fine, but I no longer have motion events in my event log, and nothing is being recorded.

What I am getting now is twice a day alerts for all my disks; example - Surveillance Events - Disk [1] over [30000] hours, current used [38646] hours.

Has anyone else seen this and can anyone advise on a reason or resolution? Obviously keen to get the cameras actually recording again as soon as possible.

Should I downgrade to an earlier version?
Last edited by GarryMartin on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Recordings stopped following QVR Pro 1.2.1.2 install

Post by storageman »

QVR Pro basic only allows viewing up to 14 days via QVR GUI but recordings can still be viewed via the File Station folder after 14 days depending on settings and available space.
GarryMartin
New here

Post by GarryMartin »

Thanks. I am aware of the *playback* limitation but my issue is that it isn't recording.

Since the upgrade to 1.2.1.2 I no longer have any recordings. I do have recordings right up until the upgrade on the 15/03/2019 and can view those without issue at the moment. It's just not recording any longer, and there are no motion detected events in the logs.
J2121
Know my way around

Post by J2121 »

Do you have recording set for 24/7 or only on a motion event? If you are only recording on motion detection, first check the obvious (that the event is "on"). If that isn't the issue, you could try to delete the event and create a new one. Just guessing, but maybe your event became corrupted in the upgrade process.

You could also try rebooting your camera and/or rebooting your system.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

GarryMartin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:07 pm Thanks. I am aware of the *playback* limitation but my issue is that it isn't recording.

Since the upgrade to 1.2.1.2 I no longer have any recordings. I do have recordings right up until the upgrade on the 15/03/2019 and can view those without issue at the moment. It's just not recording any longer, and there are no motion detected events in the logs.
Hmm, after any upgrades it's pretty important to check everything still works especially if primary function is cctv security.
Qnap are good at breaking things...
GarryMartin
New here

Post by GarryMartin »

Recording was set for motion only.

Deleting and recreating the events worked. Thanks for the tip, but a little disconcerting that it is a required step and that there was no alert that recordings weren't being made. I'll have to look into that in more detail.
vettr
First post

Re: [SOLVED] Recordings stopped following QVR Pro 1.2.1.2 install

Post by vettr »

I have the exact same issue as the previous post.... but I have to re-add the events every reboot....anyone have a solution.?

Return to “Surveillance Solution”