QVR Pro : Some Dahua cameras stuck on "Connecting"

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
cboles
New here

QVR Pro : Some Dahua cameras stuck on "Connecting"

Post by cboles »

I purchased a number of Dahua cameras recently - most are model IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

I did some initial setup with the Dahua ConfigTool as well as by logging into the camera's web interface. All of the cameras have the same username / password as well as identical configuration parmeters. Live video works fine via the web plugin for all three of these cameras.

Adding these cameras to QVR Pro 1.2, all 3 are detected, but the test button produces an error (perhaps this is due to the subtle difference in the available camera model numbers versus the actual model numbers (IPC-HDW5231R-Z vs IPC-HDW5231R-ZE)?). After adding the cameras and looking at the Camera Settings window, one of the cameras connects successfully (Channel 4 in this screenshot), but the two others (Channels 3 and 5) do not, and are perpetually stuck in the "Connecting" state. Since everything is identical about the these 3 cameras, I can't figure out why this would happen. I have gone back several times to each camera's web UI to verify that this is the case. I have also rebooted the cameras, and tried deleting and re-adding them in QVR Pro, but the result seems consistent.

Any ideas?

texastom
Starting out

Re: QVR Pro : Some Dahua cameras stuck on "Connecting"

Post by texastom »

I installed 2 of these exact cameras yesterday, after pulling my hair out I got them working.

trying to see the main stream was not working so I clicked to see sub stream and it connected.

I then disabled sub streams and the cameras are working.
at least I think this was the fix, I was playing with anything and everything
cboles
New here

Post by cboles »

Are you talking about viewing the main and sub-streams via the Dahua web UI? These were always working for me, it's only QVR Pro that is having trouble. I tried disabling the sub-stream on all 3 cameras as well as re-adding one of the trouble cameras after that, but it seems to have had no effect.
cboles
New here

Post by cboles »

Actually, I was a little too impatient. This solution actually worked - it just took some tens of seconds to get out of the "Connecting" state. All cameras are working now. I wonder if I can turn the sub-streams back on again and if they will stay working?
texastom wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:43 am I installed 2 of these exact cameras yesterday, after pulling my hair out I got them working.

trying to see the main stream was not working so I clicked to see sub stream and it connected.

I then disabled sub streams and the cameras are working.
at least I think this was the fix, I was playing with anything and everything
texastom
Starting out

Post by texastom »

I have not tried turning back on the sub streams. I was just relieved to get them working. I don't even know what the sub streams are for
glad you got them going
Beemer2
Easy as a breeze

Post by Beemer2 »

I take it that you did change all top different IP addresses from the Dahua default?
TS-473A, 32GB, 4x4TB, Raid5, 12GB Red Plus backup
cboles
New here

Post by cboles »

Yes - all the IPs are statically assigned via DHCP.
Beemer2
Easy as a breeze

Post by Beemer2 »

cboles wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:04 pm Yes - all the IPs are statically assigned via DHCP.
Assigned by your NAS or by your router?
TS-473A, 32GB, 4x4TB, Raid5, 12GB Red Plus backup
cboles
New here

Post by cboles »

Beemer2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:33 am
cboles wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:04 pm Yes - all the IPs are statically assigned via DHCP.
Assigned by your NAS or by your router?
By the router.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”