Can an External Hard drive be used for QVR PRO recordings?

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
moctodpanq
Know my way around

Can an External Hard drive be used for QVR PRO recordings?

Post by moctodpanq »

When I click RECORDING SPACE, it only shows my main data volume that I can choose from. The external device is not an option. Can it be an option? And if yes, then I guess I don't know how to properly prepare the external hard drive. Can someone show me? It is recognized and shows up under External Harddrive in the STORAGE & SNAPSHOTS app. Thanks.
moctodpanq
Know my way around

Re: Can an External Hard drive be used for QVR PRO recordings?

Post by moctodpanq »

I read something about an ex-fat license. Does not having an ex-fat licence have anything to do with QVR Pro not seeing the external drive as an option?

Like I said, it does show up under Storage and Snapshots, and I can map the drive as a shared drive, so I'm not sure what the ex-fat license is all about, or if I need it.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

was unsupported on surveillance station..so probably also unsupported in qvr pro
moctodpanq
Know my way around

Post by moctodpanq »

dolbyman wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:55 am was unsupported on surveillance station..so probably also unsupported in qvr pro
Okay, good to know.
moctodpanq
Know my way around

Post by moctodpanq »

Can someone help me? My Arlo and Wyze cameras are on wifi, and when adding a camera, it scans forever and doesn't find anything. I tried to add manually, but I couldn't find Arlo. Then I realized it's made by Netgear, and I'm dumbfounded that Netgear isn't even listed as an option.

Newbie and confused.
moctodpanq
Know my way around

Post by moctodpanq »

Anybody? So since Netgear or Wyze cams aren't part of the list of brands, does that mean I can't use them? Another option is the advanced search that doesn't require me to choose brands. I just have to enter the start and end ips to search. But there is a field for USERNAME and PASSWORD. Is that asking for the SSID and password of the wifi that the cameras are connected to? Or, the username and password of my actual arlo or wyze accounts?

I have no clue what I'm doing.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Is that asking for the SSID and password of the wifi that the cameras are connected to? Or, the username and password of my actual arlo or wyze accounts?
That's for admin access to the cameras to establish a connection.

The NAS doesn't know the cameras are WiFi connected - they just appear on the network, via a somewhat unreliable connection.
WiFi and video streaming from CCTV cameras is a bad combination, subject to contention and dropouts.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”