Surveillance Station/Vmobile issues

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
martindov
New here

Surveillance Station/Vmobile issues

Post by martindov »

Hi

I’ve recently setup and configured surveillance station on my TS-251+ (8GB RAM). I have three Hikvision cameras which all work great for live viewing and motion recording events.

Playback using the Vmobile application on iOS worked for around a day and now gives an error when trying to playback. The error is ‘Cannot decode video stream’.

This error is the same across multiple iOS devices. I’ve reinstalled the app, restarted surveillance station and the NAS but error persists.

I was considering refunding the extra channel license I purchased and go with QVR Pro but I found that despite one of my cameras being listed as compatible it doesn’t appear as a model in the dropdown when adding it (it does appear in surveillance station list).

Any guidance appreciated if you have experienced this error before as right now playback whilst away from home is pretty much non-existant as even trying to play the files through Qfile fail.

If I try download them and view them in an app such as VLC on my phone it is just a black image.

Thanks,
Martin
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Surveillance Station/Vmobile issues

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I have three Hikvision cameras which all work great for live viewing and motion recording events.
The error is ‘Cannot decode video stream’.
What's the codec set to in the camera web GUI?
Check it's not a proprietary version of a standard, such as Hikvision's h.265+
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
martindov
New here

Post by martindov »

What's the codec set to in the camera web GUI?
Check it's not a proprietary version of a standard, such as Hikvision's h.265+
I'll get that checked and let you know - will be this evening.

Just to clarify, live viewing works fine using the QVR client on Windows/Mac and also Vmobile. It's just playback of any recordings that is failing on me using Vmobile.
martindov
New here

Post by martindov »

Video encoding is set to H.264

Return to “Surveillance Solution”