[Confusing] QuMagie depends on PhotoStation for facial detection?!

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
RedaLazri
Starting out

[Confusing] QuMagie depends on PhotoStation for facial detection?!

Post by RedaLazri »

I upgraded to 4.4.1 and obviously went straight to Qumagie. I also noticed a brand new version of PhotoStation waiting to be installed so I installed it. After playing with QuMagie for a while I decided that it would be weird to have two applications do the same thing and one of them is pretty old so I uninstalled PhotoStation, but to my surprise, Face Detection stopped mid-scan. Object Detection works.

I'm so confused ... as usual with QNAP's half-assed announcements and things that you wouldn't normally figure out how they work. :cry:
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: [Confusing] QuMagie depends on PhotoStation for facial detection?!

Post by Trexx »

My understanding is that QuMagie depends on QuMagie CORE module for the face detection. I don't have PhotoStation installed and it doesn't care.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
RedaLazri
Starting out

Post by RedaLazri »

Trexx wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:08 am My understanding is that QuMagie depends on QuMagie CORE module for the face detection. I don't have PhotoStation installed and it doesn't care.
Does it work though? It doesn't care in my situation either but it shows up as 'Postponed'.
alextsing
First post

Post by alextsing »

I have the same situation. I have both Photo Station 6.0 and QuMagie installed. But only objects recognition is working and the facial recognition forever shows "working" at 0% and no photo is processed.

When I check Photo Station's setting, the "People" status is --- and it doesn't have any options to let me start.

When I check QuMagie's setting, the Facial Recognition status is "postponed" and it only has a button "Pause" next to it.

I checked all the settings in QNAP but has no way to force the facial recognition to start. The old version of Photo Station should have extra addon for facial recognition but it's not available for Photo Station version 6.0.

If anyone can fix it, please share the solution here. Many thanks.
RedaLazri
Starting out

Post by RedaLazri »

alextsing wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:37 pm I have the same situation. I have both Photo Station 6.0 and QuMagie installed. But only objects recognition is working and the facial recognition forever shows "working" at 0% and no photo is processed.

When I check Photo Station's setting, the "People" status is --- and it doesn't have any options to let me start.

When I check QuMagie's setting, the Facial Recognition status is "postponed" and it only has a button "Pause" next to it.

I checked all the settings in QNAP but has no way to force the facial recognition to start. The old version of Photo Station should have extra addon for facial recognition but it's not available for Photo Station version 6.0.

If anyone can fix it, please share the solution here. Many thanks.

I have actually fixed the problem since the last time. I went ahead and uninstalled every component of QuMagie and PhotoStation, I logged into SSH and deleted the QuMagie folder (if you find one after the uninstall) in /share/CACHE.../.qpkg/Qumagie and reinstalled only QuMagie this time with its core (no PhotoStation) and it worked fine. It seems like things break when PS is present when QM scans.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

qumagie and photostation are separate apps, it was explained in their videos intros.

in fact they are replacing photostation by end of this year with something else yet to be announced.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
tuebingen1976
First post

Post by tuebingen1976 »

Hi! My face detection had the same problem, but was fixed Qumagie core 1.0.2. However, object detection show categorized Folders but no photos in it. Is this a well known bug?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”