Download Station and QVPN

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
Don
Guru

Re: Download Station and QVPN

Post by Don »

I never said it was a VPN leak. What I said was the VPN was disconnecting and when it did DLS would connect to the default route.

I did discover that a DHCP renewal was causing the issue. Whether manually or automatically when the lease expired the VPN would disconnect. I had one connection that was set up for DHCP with a 24 hour lease. It looks like when a lease is renewed other Ethernet connections are dropped for a short period. I reported this to QNAP but they haven’t fixed it yet afaik.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
kshimizu47
First post

Post by kshimizu47 »

geteco wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:18 am
Don wrote:How do you set up download station to use the VPN while all other traffic does not?
1) Setup your VPN client in QVPN Service and connect

2) Open App Center and config Download Station to Connect to the VPN Client

QVPN.png
Is there a way to test if the VPN is working when using DS?
Inkisidor2
First post

Post by Inkisidor2 »

geteco wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:18 am
Don wrote:How do you set up download station to use the VPN while all other traffic does not?
1) Setup your VPN client in QVPN Service and connect

2) Open App Center and config Download Station to Connect to the VPN Client

QVPN.png
Please, could you post the best actions to perform the step 1¿?¿ I did something wrng cause it doesnt work for me.
Many thanks!

Return to “Download Station and QGet”