What is the best practice to implement 2 QNAP replicating the VMs of 2 Xenserver cluster servers?

Discussion on remote replication.
LinKJeT
First post

What is the best practice to implement 2 QNAP replicating the VMs of 2 Xenserver cluster servers?

Post by LinKJeT »

My scenario is the following:

2 Citrix hypervisor 8.0 servers in HA mode.
2 QNAP TS-451 +, 8 GB RAM, 4 x Hard drive 2 TB.

I would like to use a QNAP as a primary with an ISCSI LUN to store all the high availability virtual machines of the Citrix servers and another QNAP as secondary to store the live replica of the ISCSI LUN of the primary QNAP, with all its virtual machines and without loss of information.

it's possible? What would be the best practice?

regards
alojalia
First post

Re: What is the best practice to implement 2 QNAP replicating the VMs of 2 Xenserver cluster servers?

Post by alojalia »

Hi LinkJet, we are in similar scenario, we want to buy TES-1885U but dont find any information abvout iscsi speed with xenserver 8.0
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: What is the best practice to implement 2 QNAP replicating the VMs of 2 Xenserver cluster servers?

Post by storageman »

Sorry but Citrix Xenserver is just terrible for performance and people always end up blaming storage.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Contact Citrix to see if the QNAP models are certified for use. Contact QNAP for performance questions.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Here's the HCL. Found Citrix Hypervisor slow, even with SANs. Well that was my experience - just not worth the hassle over Hyper-V/ESXi. But maybe it's better now...
http://hcl.xenserver.org/storage/?vendor=65&features=6

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”