QVR Pro Record "all" Event

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Anthony_A
First post

QVR Pro Record "all" Event

Post by Anthony_A »

Hey Guys,

new to QVR Pro (set it up 2 hours ago ;) )

I sort of figured out that for each camera we can set min/max recording days for both Event AND Normal Recording.

But in term of events, i can't seem to trigger a recording based on Time?
for example i want to create an event for my main working cam between 9am and 5pm.

the idea is to only keep "full time" recording for 2 days. and only keep long Even recording.
there is not point for me to store evening non stop recording all the time.... all i want is 9 to 5 full time and the rest based on motion...

Any idea on how to do this? (right now i set all my "non main working area cams" to 2 days for full time recording and 60days of events) but my main 3 cams record 24/7 :(
alextsai
First post

Re: QVR Pro Record "all" Event

Post by alextsai »

Hey Anthony,

An event trigger based on time would just be a scheduled normal recording.
You can view this in 'Camera Settings' > 'Edit' (your specific camera, under 'Actions' column) > 'Stream & Recording' tab
Here, you can add a schedule, then click on 'Inactive' in the legend and click and drag the boxes you wish to have normal recording as inactive (in your case, it would be everything that's not 9:00 to 16:00). This will make sure 9 to 5 every day will be recording full time, not including 5:00pm.

note: These intervals can only be selected by hour, each hour x records x:00 to x:59:59, if that makes sense.

As for the event recording during any time outside of 9 to 5 (I assume that's what you meant), you can create a new event from 'Event Management'. In the first page where you can rename your rule, you can also select a schedule (might have to scroll down a bit). In your scenario, you can add a schedule that is active from 00:00 to 09:00 and 17:00 to 23:00.
During these selected times, the camera will only record on event trigger (motion).
After completed the scheduling, you can proceed with creating the event as usual.

With these two schedules active, one day should look like:
00:00-08:59 (event)
09:00-16:59 (normal)
17:00-23:59 (event)

Let me know if you need screenshot explanations!

Return to “Surveillance Solution”