QVR Pro Generic Cameras lacking functionalities

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
rafale
Easy as a breeze

QVR Pro Generic Cameras lacking functionalities

Post by rafale »

I opened a ticket to QNAP about this feature request but wanted to post here as well to see if there are alternative solutions:

I have an unsupported Hikvision doorbell: The DB1 aka RCA HSDB2 aka Laview One Halo.
It offers a 3MP (1536x2048) H264 stream through RTSP with AAC audio. It works perfectly as a generic RSTP feed on QVR Pro but... being no different in terms of feed from my amcrest or Dahua cameras which are supported except for the URL and the resolution, QVR pro does not offer either motion detection or any of the stream setup like the supported cameras do which makes no sense to me since there is nothing about the stream which makes it different from other cameras. Is there a workaround to this problem? I tried setting up the stream as another Hikvision camera but none worked.
Server: TVS-872XT i9 9900 ES, 64GB DDR4 2666MHz, intel X550-T2, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC (On pico PSU), 2x Phison E12 1TB M.2, 4x Micron 5210 7.68TB, 4x WD Purple 4TB
Backup NAS: TS-473 20GB DDR4 2400MHz, Mellanox ConnectX3, 2x Samsung PM871b 256GB M.2, 4x WD Red 8TB
Former units: TVS-1282, TS-871, TS-469
RussellNS
New here

Re: QVR Pro Generic Cameras lacking functionalities

Post by RussellNS »

@Rafale

I have the LaView One Halo. I see from your message that you were able to configure QVR Pro to view a comparable model. I'm struggling to get this far. Could you say what settings you're using (brand, model, port, rsts port, and if you're using an acct/pw or not)? Thank you! Also, I've got the password for my device, but I was curious if your camera had a default admin account name (like 'admin' or blank).
PVN85
First post

Post by PVN85 »

Hi all,
I have a rstp camera. I am trying to input the settings like below but no stream .
Do you have any idea ?
Thanks

name : host name
marque :genreric model
model : generic RSTP
ip address : 192.x.x.x
port : 80
port RSTP : 554
url : rstp://192.x.x.x/channel
account : no account
password : no password
QNAP TS 251+
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I have a rstp camera. I am trying to input the settings like below but no stream .
Do you have any idea ?
Assuming the camera is ONVIF compatible (most are these days) - query the camera with ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
ODM will show the required RTSP string at the bottom of the Live Video page, and also the needed ONVIF port (it's not always port 80) at the bottom of the Identification page.
You need to give ODM some valid logon credentials, at the top left of the window.
It will find ONVIF devices on the same LAN automatically.

Also - you don't need to enter the IP address twice, that makes the RTSP string invalid.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
rafale
Easy as a breeze

Post by rafale »

I forgot to give an update but QNAP has released a version satisfying my original post's requirement at the end of the summer. Thank you QNAP!
RussellNS wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:28 am @Rafale

I have the LaView One Halo. I see from your message that you were able to configure QVR Pro to view a comparable model. I'm struggling to get this far. Could you say what settings you're using (brand, model, port, rsts port, and if you're using an acct/pw or not)? Thank you! Also, I've got the password for my device, but I was curious if your camera had a default admin account name (like 'admin' or blank).
PM me if you still have not figured it out. I am indeed using QVR Pro to record from the doorbelll.
I am only using the rtsp password provided on the camera itself. Did not need to join the doorbell to an account. The username cannot be blank.
Server: TVS-872XT i9 9900 ES, 64GB DDR4 2666MHz, intel X550-T2, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC (On pico PSU), 2x Phison E12 1TB M.2, 4x Micron 5210 7.68TB, 4x WD Purple 4TB
Backup NAS: TS-473 20GB DDR4 2400MHz, Mellanox ConnectX3, 2x Samsung PM871b 256GB M.2, 4x WD Red 8TB
nikosan73
New here

Post by nikosan73 »

Did anyone work a solution with Surveillance Station as opposed to QVR Pro?
jetfax
New here

Post by jetfax »

Hi, Rafale

I've having a same situation here. I'm also having a Hikvision DB1 Camera and able to setup rtsp H.264 with audio but I really hope that I can do the same as you to enable motion detection on the QNAP pro. Could you share what settings you use to add this camera? Are you using Generic under Hikvision?

I try to message you but it seems QNAP has blocked the private message. I hope you can still see this post and able to provide me an answer when you have a moment.

Thank you very much.

All the best,
Michael
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Hi Michael and welcome to the forum. :)
jetfax wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:27 am I try to message you but it seems QNAP has blocked the private message. I hope you can still see this post and able to provide me an answer when you have a moment.
Yes, QNAP disabled the PM system a while back.

It can help to quote the person you're after. They may get a notification if they've enabled it in their forum settings. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jetfax
New here

Post by jetfax »

Thank you! You mean like this :)
Rafale
edit:
More like this:
rafale wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:35 am
Last edited by OneCD on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: included quoting syntax
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

jetfax wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:48 am Thank you! You mean like this :)
Not quite.

The best way is to find one of @rafale's posts (preferably one containing the text you're responding to) and click the quote button Image near the top-right of the post.

This will then create a new post - authored by yourself, but containing all the text from that post, and with @rafale as the quoted author.

I've edited your previous post to show the difference. If you now edit it, you can see your original quoting syntax, and that generated by the quote button.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rafale
Easy as a breeze

Post by rafale »

Alright I saw the notification. Thanks for “tagging me”.

@jetfax, as I said, because I only use rtsp, I used the generic camera model. Actually, I have since moved to a generic onvif camera because I upgraded my doorbell’s firmware to an ONVIF compatible one. It makes no difference to the stream itself but it allows QVR to detect all the streams on the doorbell. Once the stream is established, you can just get into the camera setup and add motion detection like you would do for any other camera.
jetfax
New here

Post by jetfax »

Thank you very much for your kind reply Rafale. I tried ONVIF ProfileS but still can't get it connected. But that is ok now, since I'm using Home Assistant which can detect a new picture when DoorBell triggers motion and ftp it , it then chromecast to my TV . It works great. Thanks again.
rafale
Easy as a breeze

Post by rafale »

Indeed, I am actually now using both home assistant and QVR pro. The QVR pro is being used for recording and proxying to home assistant on which I have implemented facial recognition with my own custom component.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”