QuMagie release

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
fbasurte
New here

Re: QuMagie release

Post by fbasurte »

where did you download this beta 2 0978 from?
Thank you
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

fbasurte wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:29 pm where did you download this beta 2 0978 from?
Thank you
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=149198

NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
fbasurte
New here

Post by fbasurte »

thanks
ptfuzi
New here

Post by ptfuzi »

i have no thumbnails on Qumagie, already rebuild database, thumbnails are being generated (i can see them on @__thumbs folder), but aren't showing on qumagie or even photostation
zebulon2
Getting the hang of things

Post by zebulon2 »

QuMagie 1.0.1 is available. Unfortunately nothing is displayed anymore with this version.
Edit: seems to work fine now. And the object recognition works fine. Faces however are not well grouped, the algorithm for categorizing faces is maybe too strict?
Theliel
Know my way around

Post by Theliel »

Yes, Facial Recognition is unusable, I have thousands of photos of the same people, and the group with more associated photos are at most 40-50. That causes the same person to be identified in hundreds (if not thousands) of groups, many of them with 1-5 photos

Yes, we can combine groups of the same person, but when you have hundreds or thousands of these, obviously it stops making sense, and the facial recognition feature is only smoke
zebulon2

Post by zebulon2 »

Well, there are facial recognition libraries on Github and all propose some settings to change the recognition selectivity and sensitivity. It would be nice if QuMagie could propose some manual settings for this, so that users can override the default classification algorithm thresholds.
baboe
New here

Post by baboe »

tngtng wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:24 pm Does QuMagic support TS-228A ? it is arm based 64 bit cpu. Thanks !
Until now QuMagic will only support intel and Arm 64 Bit with at least 4GB of ram, but qnap is still working on support for lower end devices. They told me that it will come in the beginning of 2020
rbids
Starting out

Post by rbids »

Have a TS-431-P2 (Annapurna Labs Alpine AL314 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 cores), with 8GB of ram).
... but it seems I'm not lucky enough for even testing this app. (QuMagie), have 4.4.1.1031 (I guess it is beta4)

I will be happy to test this app.
--- Ricky Marek
TS-431 and TS-431-P2
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

Theliel wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:40 pm Yes, Facial Recognition is unusable, I have thousands of photos of the same people, and the group with more associated photos are at most 40-50. That causes the same person to be identified in hundreds (if not thousands) of groups, many of them with 1-5 photos

Yes, we can combine groups of the same person, but when you have hundreds or thousands of these, obviously it stops making sense, and the facial recognition feature is only smoke

good point.

my only solution so far to this is to merge the same person (that was misidentified as a different person) into the same group.

Maybe better facial recognition can reduce frequent occurrences of this so you don't have to do this as much. That's all i can think of :/
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
Neophear
Starting out

Post by Neophear »

Is there no way of merging people that are tagged as different? I have a lot of people tagged in single photos, many times.
mustard

Post by mustard »

iam@nas wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:32 am As long as QuMagie detects all faces one should be happy. I have the feeling that only 20% of the faces are detected. These 20% should be easy to merge knowing that 80% may need manual tagging ...
Ha. Optimism!

Typical QNAP app. Lots of potential, underdeveloped to the point of being useless. Facial recognition seems to have completely skipped a number of photos (no idea how many) with obvious faces in them. Which wouldn't be so bad if it would let me manually tag them. But no, you can only change the people label on a photo that QNAP has previously identified as having a person in it. This is beyond infuriating when I'd like to be able to tag all the photos of a girlfriend who hanged herself.

Object tagging is so comical and random there's just zero point to it - even as a gimmick.

There doesn't seem to be any way of removing people from the tagged photo list. You can select "I don't know this person", but then it just returns them to the bottom of the untagged list. So I'm left with a vast list of untagged people - especially as someone who's photographed a lot of gigs and festivals. Curiously, these aren't visible on the app.

Scrolling down the timeline is bugged beyond being useable. Half the time when I hover the mouse cursor next to it, the actual indicator is positioned about two inches from the mouse pointer. Sometimes. Sometimes not.

"Events". What even is the point?!? It just doesn't work in any meaningful or useful way. Again, might be good if you could manually assign photos to an event. Otherwise, pointless. I even have a bunch of mysterious, dated, empty folders in the events view. Go figure.

Be nice to be able to suppress some of the options. I will never use burst, time-lapse or live photos. Why can't I hide those folders?

Can't edit tags on photos located through a search. Ridiculous. Only way to do it is to add them to an album, THEN you can select them all to tag.

I so want to like this app. It could be great. But it's just not fit for purpose. Who tests this stuff?!?
StephanF
First post

Post by StephanF »

Hello, I'm new here.

will the QuMagie ever be available on a TS-431?
I saw that a newer operating release is necessary to run QuMagie. And that is obviosly not released for the TS-431...

Thx.
Stephan
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

you would have to ask qnap..we wouldn't know

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”