Troubles | DNS and connection to Internet

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
4ndr3w
New here

Troubles | DNS and connection to Internet

Post by 4ndr3w »

Hi all,

My setup:
win7
TS-231P
QTS 4.3.6
NAS connection with USB adapter, static ip and port forwading.
Huawei modem

What happened:
Step 1
Two days ago, I was browsing in the remote nas (via https) I've seen a pop-up "The server is busy or the network is disconnected! Make sure the NAS can be reached and then reload the page".
I thought that at home there had been a down of the network, I then tried to reconnect to the nas but it was impossible.
After a while I ping the nas, everything is ok. I resolved (with nslookup) the url of the NAS mynemanas.myqnapcloud.com and I didn't find anything strange.

Step 2
I went to home and connected with the ip in lan, and the new popup: "The system has detected that your DN server cannot resolve hosts, and some applications might not work properly".
I went into the settings, here the strange troubles, the wifi was back with dynamic ip, I put it back static but it ddin't take the changes or it always returned dynamic with the same settings.
If I tried to disconnect the wifi from the NAS but sometimes crashed.
I tried the NAS even with a cable replacing the ip in port forwarding, but nothing.

Everything was ok before now
I don't know if I was clear and exhaustive in the description (ask me for more info if needed) Sorry for my english but I really can't solve it.

Is it possible that something has changed on the ISP side? Should I contact them? Did they close the doors that allowed me to reach the NAS before?
Problem with FW?

Cheers
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Troubles | DNS and connection to Internet

Post by Toxic17 »

what did port forward?

have you run malware remover?

not sure what is going on with your NAS as its impossible to just guess what happened. you will need to check ALL settings in case something else has changed the way the NAS performed previously.

is your NAS on a UPS power supply? was the power interrupted perhaps?

Hard disks failing, RAID degraded?
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
4ndr3w
New here

Re: Troubles | DNS and connection to Internet

Post by 4ndr3w »

what did port forward? No UPnP configuration, I opened in a manual by Forwarding Rules on my router (externe port number provided by ISP)
have you run malware remover? Yes, APP from APP Center

is your NAS on a UPS power supply? No

was the power interrupted perhaps? I don't know maybe a little down on the internet but not power

Hard disks failing, RAID degraded? No

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”