TS-328 Adding second HD and creating RAID 1

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
KPFDCO3
First post

TS-328 Adding second HD and creating RAID 1

Post by KPFDCO3 »

Hello, I recently purchased a QNAP TS-328 to replace a WD My Cloud EX4 NAS. Originally I purchased the TS-328 and installed a single 4TB WD drive for backup protection. My 2nd WD drive 4TB arrived today and after installing it I cannot seem to find out how to setup a RAID 1 on the system? I see both drives(they are identical BTW) but how to setup for a RAID 1? I understand they will both be formatted. Thanks in advance.
OneCD
Guru

Re: TS-328 Adding second HD and creating RAID 1

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I've been unable to locate a fine user manual that I can be certain will cover the TS-328. :'

Maybe try this one. Follow the steps for 'Migrating RAID Configuration' as shown below:
QNAP User Manual wrote:Migrating RAID Configuration

With this function, a RAID configuration can be migrated to a different RAID configuration. This option is supported for the following drive configurations: Migrating single drives to RAID 1; Migrating RAID 1 to RAID 5; Migrating RAID 5 to RAID 6. Follow these steps to migrate a RAID configuration:
  1. Go to "Storage Manager" > "STORAGE" > "Storage Space".
  2. Double click a storage pool to bring up the Storage Pool Management page.
  3. Select a RAID group and click "Manage" > "Migrate".
  4. Select the hard disk drive(s) from the list and click "Apply".
  5. Please note that all data on the selected hard disk drive(s) will be erased. Click "Yes" if you are certain about this.
  6. The chosen RAID configuration is migrated to the new one.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tedyu
First post

Re: TS-328 Adding second HD and creating RAID 1

Post by tedyu »

Good, Thank you so much.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”