Enable Alarm Reocrdings greyed out?

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
jdesai61
Starting out

Enable Alarm Reocrdings greyed out?

Post by jdesai61 »

I am running Surveillance Station 5.1.4.3.5 (2019/4/24) version on TS-453A with latest firmware. I bought a IP (JideTech) ONVIF camera and added it to the configuration and setup alarm recording and everything was working fine. However, now I bought another camera and when I go to add the camera, I am not able to setup any alarm recording. The "Enable Alarm Recording" button on Event Management -> Traditional Mode is now greyed out. Both cameras show "Alam Recordings" OFF and apparently no way to enable it (I have gone thru many screens etc, deleted and added both cameras multiple times with no avail. I have attached a screen shot if that helps. Thanks for any solutions or suggestions in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Enable Alarm Reocrdings greyed out?

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Not all ONVIF implementations generate ONVIF event notifications that could be used to initiate recording.
Check what events the cameras generate by querying them with ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
jdesai61
Starting out

Post by jdesai61 »

Since the cameras were having random connection issues, I had changed the camera(s) from "ONVIF ProfileS Cameras" to a "ONVIF Cameras" . Changing them back to Profile S worked. Thank you very much for your help.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Ok, that new info makes sense.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”