Suddenly lost access to my music on NAS

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
IainF
Getting the hang of things

Suddenly lost access to my music on NAS

Post by IainF »

Hi,
I'm using a Mac and android phone (MacMini 2018 OS 10.14.6 and Note 9, Android Pie) QNAP TVS-471, firmware 4.3.6.1040
I have a couple of music folders on my QNAP NAS. I had some issues after and update of the NAS firmware in which they appeared to change some of the ports for access to the NAS. I've sorted out all of the problems (primarily WebDAV access) except Sonos access.
I added the shares by the IP address of the NAS followed by the NAS folder name followed by the name of the music folder. This has worked flawlessly for years.
Now despite checking that the 'user' that I set up to allow the Sonos system to access the NAS has all the appropriate permissions for the relevant folders, nothing works. The security panel is set to "allow all connections"
There are spaces in the folder names and a single 'dash' but this hasn't been a problem in the past.
I've tried rebooting the router and the NAS but no dice.
Sonos is giving an error something like the computer 'IP address' refused to let Sonos connect.
I've tried adding by the NAS name and folder but Sonos (on the Mac) says it can't find either the NAS or the folder.
Not sure if this is a NAS or Sonos issue...
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Iain
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Suddenly lost access to my music on NAS

Post by dolbyman »

that firmware was pulled due to issues..downgrade to an older one and test again
IainF

Post by IainF »

Thanks, I'll have to have a look to check on the process to downgrade. It'll be on the forums somewhere...
Cheers
Iain
IainF

Post by IainF »

all done, back to normal...

Return to “Media Streaming”