New router, can't connect

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
LeviathanVI
Starting out

New router, can't connect

Post by LeviathanVI »

I have just switched internet providers from BT to Virgin Media and I am unable to connect to my QNAP TS-453 Pro. I cannot connect via FTP, via the Windows Network or the Administration Page accessed via the ip address. if I ping the IP in command prompt i get 0% loss though.

The NAS shows in the Connected Devices list in the Hub (3.0) and it did briefly browse to the Administration Page one of the times I reset the router but when I reserved an IP address it stopped working again. I have since reset the Hub again and tried to access the Admin page without reserving the IP and it doesn't work, so I'm not really sure what all that was about.

Qfinder Pro detects the NAS on the network, but

I am unable to alter or change any of the In-Application settings via Qfinder Pro because it reports the username and password combination as incorrect. This is definitely an error as the username and password combination is saved and entered automatically when the login window is prompted. Despite that, I have quadruple checked it and entered more than one account credentials in manually. Sometimes it doesn't even report invalid login credentials, it just infinitely loads then brings the login window back up.

I have set up my old router and made sure that every port on the NAS is set to Allow DHCP.

I'm all out of ideas now and would really appreciate any help with this. Any ideas?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: New router, can't connect

Post by dolbyman »

did you reboot the nas after the switch?

force it to get a new dhcp lease
LeviathanVI
Starting out

Post by LeviathanVI »

Yeah, I've restarted it about 7 times and I have reset the router several times.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

Best do a 3 second reset on the NAS. sounds like it already has a fixed IP or is blocking connections.

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowledg ... explained/
1. Three second press and hold of the reset button
Please refer to the picture above and hold the reset button for 3 seconds. You will hear a beep to let you know the reset has been successful.

Your data will not be deleted, but the following settings will be reset:

Password for the admin account will be changed to the default "admin". Please refer to the following article if you are still not able to log in to QTS with the default admin/admin login after this.
TCP/IP configuration: Obtain IP address settings automatically via DHCP.
TCP/IP configuration: Disable Jumbo Frame.
TCP/IP configuration: If port trunking is enabled (dual LAN models only), the port trunking mode will be reset to “Active Backup (Failover)”.
System port: 8080 (system service port).
Security level: Low (Allow all connections).
VLAN will be disabled
Service binding: All NAS services run on all available network interfaces.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
LeviathanVI
Starting out

Post by LeviathanVI »

Okay.

I pressed the reset button and held it for 3 seconds but no beep sounded. I tried several times, being careful not to hold it in for 10 seconds lest I wipe all my drives. The NAS beeps when it's fully booted, so it's not a case of a broken component. It never beeped,

So, I set up my old router again and connected via the ip and found that the login credentials had been changed to default, so it definitely worked. To be sure, I have reset the settings via the software instead and I can now access it in the new router. Thanks very much. I had completely forgotten about the Reset Settings option.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

10 second reset does not wipe the drives, just the shares (and they can be recreated)
LeviathanVI
Starting out

Post by LeviathanVI »

Oh, okay. The drives don't show an error anymore and my Shared Folders haven't been removed.... But all my installed applications are gone?
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

the applications could still be there, you need to check.

SSH to your NAS.

and run this command

Code: Select all

ls /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/
this will list all folders. are the missing apps listed here as directories?

if so then we can use a qpkg.conf file from one of the automated backup files in: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.@backup_config/. But only, if these directories list applications that you cant see listed via the app center - as being installed.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository

Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
alrosandro
Starting out

Post by alrosandro »

LeviathanVI wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:00 am Okay.

I pressed the reset button and held it for 3 seconds but no beep sounded. I tried several times, being careful not to hold it in for 10 seconds lest I wipe all my drives. The NAS beeps when it's fully booted, so it's not a case of a broken component. It never beeped,

So, I set up my old router again and connected via the ip and found that the login credentials had been changed to default, so it definitely worked. To be sure, I have reset the settings via the software instead and I can now access it in the new router. Thanks very much. I had completely forgotten about the Reset Settings option.
Hi,
Just got same problem here but not caused by router changes, it just suddenly happened. My device is TS-212 with 4.3.3.0724 firmware ver.

I can't reset my device with the reset button. I just tried several times too, carefully hold it for 3 - 10 seconds even longer (20s!) but nothing happened. No sounds, no beeps, nothing. Just hanging on the alternately red/green flashing mode on the status led.

Would you like to address me what's going wrong here?
Help me please :-(
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

try firmware recovery
alrosandro
Starting out

Post by alrosandro »

dolbyman wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:50 pm try firmware recovery
How to do that?

I can't even find my NAS on QFinder. I can't ping it, I can't SSH to it, or log to it by the GUI administrative page. All I can do is just powering off/on the NAS by holding up the power button.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

ts212 should be on here (kirkwood x19)

https://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Firmware_Recovery
alrosandro
Starting out

Post by alrosandro »

dolbyman wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:09 pm ts212 should be on here (kirkwood x19)

https://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Firmware_Recovery
Help me!
Now i'm stuck on the step number 11!

The led keep flashing red after 5 minutes. No beeps or sounds at all. The TX on the eth0 didn't increase. Now it happens for two hours!
What should i do right now???

I'm really confused please help me immediately :oops:
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

maybe your lan ports are incompatible..try another computer or the vmware method

can't help much ...never had to do the firmware recovery
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

alrosandro wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:31 pm
I'm really confused please help me immediately :oops:
I'm afraid to tell you we cannot help you "immediately" we are not here 24/7 to give tech support.

what state is the NAS in now. LED lights etc?

can you connect to the NAS using QFinder? do not try the old IP address unless your have a reservation in DHCP for the NAS as it may have changed.

also at the end of the processes you should see:

Code: Select all

How to do if the startup problem persists

If the startup problem persists, please return the NAS to your local dealer or distributor for system repair immediately.

NOTE: If the recover progress does not work at the first time, please try another PC or reburn the ISO image. 
also there is method 1 which you seemed to not use. any reason why?

https://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Firmware_Rec ... _Player.29
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”