Internet connection suddenly lost

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Zaiman1906
New here

Internet connection suddenly lost

Post by Zaiman1906 »

Hey guys,

I have a TS-431P, which has 2 LAN-adapter (ports) at the backside. The NAS is connected with a LAN-cable on adapter 1 (the higher one) on the backside to a Fritz Box 7490. The Fritz Box in turn is connected by a another LAN-Cable to an Access Point AP-AC-LR from Ubiquiti (Unifi). This access point and two mesh devices (AC-AP-M) provides my WLAN.

Till around two weeks ago all works fine. But suddenly, I don't know why, the NAS lost internet connection. I took a look in "virtual adapters and switches" in QTS and saw, that on adapter 1 the connection is established, but no internet connection. So I switched the LAN-cable from adapter 1 to adapter 2 on the backside of the NAS. After the connection was established, I also got back internet connection! For an try, I took a second LAN-cable, put it in adapter 1 and connected it with the Fritz Box. I got connection, but again no internet connection.

I tried to reset my NAS, both methods (3- and 10-second-Reset), but the problem is still there. I contaced the support to ask, if the adapter 1 is defect? But they say it isn't. The lamps are blinking green and orange.

Though I have internet connection, I would like to know, what's the problem with adapter 1?
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Internet connection suddenly lost

Post by storageman »

Sounds like an IP address issue.
What happens when NIC1 uses NIC2 IP address (obviously when NIC2 disconnected)?
Zaiman1906
New here

Post by Zaiman1906 »

I changed the IP adress from adapter 1 from xxx.xxx.xxx.45 to xxx.xxx.xxx.46 and to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.47, but that didn't solved the problem. Would it help to change these IP to xxx.xxx.xxx.173, which is the IP from adapter 2?
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Zaiman1906 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:37 pm I changed the IP adress from adapter 1 from xxx.xxx.xxx.45 to xxx.xxx.xxx.46 and to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.47, but that didn't solved the problem. Would it help to change these IP to xxx.xxx.xxx.173, which is the IP from adapter 2?
Well yes, that's what meant. Something weird here. If Qnap adamant not a hardware issue, has to be address issue.
Zaiman1906
New here

Post by Zaiman1906 »

I tried that, but it only worked for a few seconds. Now again I have no internet connection on adapter 1, but on adapter 2.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

What does Putty "ifconfig" say?

Have you tried tracing how the connection gets out?
in Putty try
"traceroute google.com"
Zaiman1906
New here

Post by Zaiman1906 »

Surprisingly now I am getting internet connection on adapter 1. I found in the Fritz Box under >>internet >> filter >> children protection , that there were 6 entries for my NAS and one of was blocked. I changed this to standard. Maybe this was the problem. Why Fritz Box made this, I don't know, I didn't changed it by myself.

Thanks for the advice!!!
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Great! You found it. Persistence pays off!

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”