HBS3 updates break existing backup jobs

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
sp4rk3r
Starting out

HBS3 updates break existing backup jobs

Post by sp4rk3r »

Every time there's been an update to HBS in the past few months, my existing backup job fails due to a database error. I never had this problem using the standalone Azure cloud app. Am I the only one experiencing this?
P3R
Guru

Re: HBS3 updates break existing backup jobs

Post by P3R »

sp4rk3r wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 am Am I the only one experiencing this?
I don't know but I've never seen that. On the other hand I'm not using Azure or even a cloud as destination.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
flinomartins
Getting the hang of things

Post by flinomartins »

Hi,
Same with Glacier. Apparently when updating HBS3 the metadata for each job was deleted.
I'm trying to fix this with support.
Probably the solution is to recreate the directory containing the job, and put the metadata file inside.
sp4rk3r
Starting out

Post by sp4rk3r »

flinomartins wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:02 pm Hi,
Same with Glacier. Apparently when updating HBS3 the metadata for each job was deleted.
I'm trying to fix this with support.
Probably the solution is to recreate the directory containing the job, and put the metadata file inside.
Ok, so it's not just me. Thanks for the update. Good to know support is already looking into it. For my situation, I just deleted the job and recreated it. I'm only backing up around 400gb. But it is frustrating that I've had to do this 3 times now in the past 6 months. Good thing I'm on fiber connection now.

Return to “Backup & Restore”