firmware 2.1 not available in Live Update

cattivik
New here

firmware 2.1 not available in Live Update

Post by cattivik »

Hi,
in my TES-1885U (firmware 2.0.0.0966) when I check for new firmware it's says that it's up to date, why firmware 2.1 is not proposed?

Do you think I have to proceed with manual installation?

Thanks in advance
P3R
Guru

Re: firmware 2.1 not available in Live Update

Post by P3R »

cattivik wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 pm Hi,
in my TES-1885U (firmware 2.0.0.0966) when I check for new firmware it's says that it's up to date, why firmware 2.1 is not proposed?
Because someone at Qnap haven't enabled 2.1 for automatic updates. It's not uncommon that there's a delay (hours, days or sometimes even a week) before that happen.
Do you think I have to proceed with manual installation?
Well if you want it before Qnap enable it, that's your only option.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
cattivik
New here

Post by cattivik »

Thanks for your answer.
I'm in no hurry to install 2.1, I just wondering why 2.1 has been released since May 2019 and it's not yet available as Live Update.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

I'm not at all updated on QES releases as I'm only running QTS but either somebody forgot or they have a specific reason for holding it back. The only way to know is probably to ask Qnap.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to β€œQES Operating System (QNAP Enterprise Storage OS)”