Multimedia Console conflict with content sources (no shared photos)

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
Darthajack
Starting out

Multimedia Console conflict with content sources (no shared photos)

Post by Darthajack »

Anyone else encounter this bug? It may be the reason for some people reporting photos disappearing. It seems there is a bug with Multimedia Console and Content Sources for Photo Station and Video Station.

It appears Photo Station will not display any shared photos if the content sources is a sub-folder of a Video Station content source folder. It only works if Photo Station and Video Station content sources are exactly the same, or entirely separate.

For example I have iPhone photos and videos in /Multimedia/Photos/ and Movies in /Multimedia/Videos/. If I set the content source of Photo Station to /Multimedia/Photos/ and content source of Video Station to the root /Multimedia/, Photo Station will not display ANY photos. It will show as empty. Shared photos will only display if they are the SAME (all set to /Multimedia/) or COMPLETELY SEPARATE (photos in /Multimedia/Photos/ and videos in /Multimedia/Videos/).

The user should be able to set Video Station to top-level, allowing to see home videos contained in the photos section, while preventing movies from another folder from showing up in Photo Station.

Either way, videos are not playing in Photo Station, and have the wrong "date taken" (it is set to upload date). The videos (MOV or M4V) files show up in Photo Station, but clicking on them brings up a large image of them with the message in red "The video does not support online playback or does not exist".

I've sent the above to QNAP support, will report if I get answers.
hanszant
New here

Re: Multimedia Console conflict with content sources (no shared photos)

Post by hanszant »

I have the same problem. No photos in Photo station appears. Also after selecting the folders with my photo's. Also all my old photo albums are disappeared.
Alse Multimedia Console freezes after selecting folders in content management.

Is there any solution?? :?: :?: :!: :!: :idea: :idea:
Please help
memfiz
First post

Post by memfiz »

The same problem here. No photos in Photo station and QuMaggie. Have you found the solution to that?
delid4ve
Starting out

Post by delid4ve »

I’ve got multiple issues aswell:
No photos or videos found
If I remove all the sources there are still some present (/films, /pictures), are these qnap defaults as they are not folders on my NAS and the select sources now has nothing selected.

Overall very disappointed after sitting down to watch last night and not being able to.

It worked ok so leave it alone.
QNAP TS-453 Pro - WD Red 4tb Drives x4 - Asus N66u Dark Knight - Netgear Pro Safe POE switch - Hikvision 2032 Cams - Raspberry Pi 2&3 Model B - DM800s - ASUS TP300L
Darthajack
Starting out

Post by Darthajack »

Please report the issue to support by opening a ticket, and provide details on the folder structure and behavior of Photo Station and Video Station. I have submitted a ticket, and they said they can't reproduce the issue.
Obviously this is happening to other people as well.
And please report if you found a fix, or what support says!
spaceda
New here

Post by spaceda »

I found that qumaggie can see files if you add contentr source from shared folred. so you need to share a folder from control panel->shared folders and then add it to app in content sources.
no luck for simple paths which you can add in content sources.... still no luck
nas: ts-453be,
firmware: 4.4.1.1101

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”