Invalid IP address found in log

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
lucavarini
New here

Invalid IP address found in log

Post by lucavarini »

Hi,
I´ve found a failed login entry in my logs with the source address AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA which is obliviously invalid. Is this just a logging issue of qnap? Is it possible to surf the net with this address???
Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 11.40.05.png
I have a qnap 470 with firmware version 4.3.6.1154.

Luca
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
P3R
Guru

Re: Invalid IP address found in log

Post by P3R »

No that's not a valid address and I would open a case with Qnap about it as I'd say it indicates something isn't correct with the system.

If the system is exposed for login from the internet, I would also immediately close that as it may as well indicate a hacker attack in progress.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”