Qnap QTS Registration

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
sleighand
New here

Qnap QTS Registration

Post by sleighand »

How do I re-register my Qnap? Mine was de-registered a few years back and haven't been able to log into Qnap QTS since. Now I want to add another drive to it and believe the only way to do that is via Qnap QTS.

Please advise.

Thanks!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Qnap QTS Registration

Post by dolbyman »

no idea what you want to register

login to your QTS web interface and setup the drive/RAID

no registration needed
sleighand
New here

Post by sleighand »

That's the problem. It won't let me log in. If you don't use the account Qnap de-registers your Qnap device after 6 months. It just hangs there every time I log in and won't go past the login screen.

You know you have to register your Qnap device when you first install it so you can use the Qnap QTS login?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

qnap has no access to your local NAS, nothing for them to register or de register .. if you forgot your admin password, do a 3 second reset (recessed button on back)

If you mean myQnapCloud, forget it , too insecure lots of hacked units, take you NAS out of the WEB
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

like he said, if you meant you can't use your qts login locally, then that only requires using the soft reset so that the username and password reset to the defaults
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/knowledg ... -explained

if you meant registering your device on myqnapcloud, personally i tried it but later deregistered since i am not using myqnapcloud. why do you need it?

there is also reserving a parked myqnapcloud domain, but for me it wasn't really worth it since i am not using my qnap remotely. the golden rule is, if you ain't using it, don't enable it :'

If you want, you can instead register your qnap devices here
https://service.qnap.com/

this is meant for helpdesk troubleshooting, also probably so they know your warranty duration and other details specific to your qnap unit.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
sleighand
New here

Post by sleighand »

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:46 am if you meant registering your device on myqnapcloud, personally i tried it but later deregistered since i am not using myqnapcloud. why do you need it?
Thanks for your detailed answer all! I was referring to this "registering my device to myqnapclound." I thought the reason I cannot log into QTS was due to my qnap device being not registered anymore.

I will look more into soft resetting to see if that would allow me to log back into QNAP QTS.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

login to qts on local lan using your username and password, is a separate matter to myqnapcloud which is about making your qnap remotely accessible using their cloud services.

so i am assuming your issue is the former? how did that happen?

in worse case scenario could be that you were compromised and they changed the password. you best find out how that happened :shock:
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

using myqnapcloud (with the usual port forwards) is a premier way to get hacked..so not unlikely
sleighand
New here

Post by sleighand »

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:16 am login to qts on local lan using your username and password, is a separate matter to myqnapcloud which is about making your qnap remotely accessible using their cloud services.

so i am assuming your issue is the former? how did that happen?

in worse case scenario could be that you were compromised and they changed the password. you best find out how that happened :shock:
Based on the previous questions and answers, it seems to me that it's the local lan login that I'm having this issue. However, the weird thing is I am still able to log into Qmanager and Qphoto with my Android device with the same user/pw that I tried logging in to QNap QTS (which failed) on my Windows 10 PC desktop. I'm also able to get into FileStation 5 on my Windows desktop with the same user/pw but fails when I tried to login by Qfinder Pro (by clicking on the login button in Qfinder Pro).

Tracing back, I know I've blocked some IP addresses few years back (which I knew I did not authorize access) when I still had and was using QNap QTS on my Windows desktop. I'm wondering if I had blocked my own IP address accidentally.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

a 3 second reset also takes care of IP blacklists ...
sleighand
New here

Post by sleighand »

dolbyman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:42 am a 3 second reset also takes care of IP blacklists ...
I had tried this method with the NAS powered off which didn't fix the issue for me. Do I need the NAS to be powered on when I do this 3 second reset?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

yes, the script that is triggered with the button needs the device running

I don't know of any devices where the reset button works in a powered down state
sleighand
New here

Post by sleighand »

dolbyman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:40 am yes, the script that is triggered with the button needs the device running

I don't know of any devices where the reset button works in a powered down state
Thank you. I tried that and heard the beep after the 3 seconds. Unfortunately, still not able to login to QTS after.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

what was the firmware version on it?
sleighand
New here

Post by sleighand »

dolbyman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:51 am what was the firmware version on it?
Version 4.3.4.0675 found from Qfinder Pro. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade it due to the fact it won't let me login.

Return to “NAS Management”