Mapping Network Drives

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Topher_5
New here

Mapping Network Drives

Post by Topher_5 »

I'm sorry to bother this forum for something so simple however I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have a second PC that I installed Qfinder Pro on. I created a user in Qnap just for this PC from my main PC.

When I login with that user's credentials in the Qfinder Pro app, in enters the browser and logs in without issue, however in the Qnap Finder Pro window all the buttons at the top are greyed out. What I want to do I can't do which is map the network drive that I assigned to this user. I also login with Admin credentials and the same thing happens, the buttons are all greyed out.

I also right click on the NAS in the bar and all the items in the list are greyed out.

This is on a Windows 7 PC using the latest Qfinder Pro version.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Mapping Network Drives

Post by dolbyman »

just mount the network drives .. no need for qfinder (once you know the name/Ip of the NAS)

Best to update Windows7 to Windows 10 (free) to keep up to date with security patches
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Upi5hxo0o

fyi

Windows 7 support ended on January 14, 2020
Windows 7 has now entered its End of Life phase, which means that Microsoft will no longer be offering updates of security fixes for the old operating system.

While many people will have upgraded to Windows 10 years ago, there are still millions of PCs out there that are using Windows 7. With Windows 7 now at its End of Life, it means those PCs need to be upgraded or replaced ASAP.
You should stop using Windows 7 ASAP
After January 14, 2020, you’ll effectively be using a dead operating system. While your PC will continue to work, you’ll be stuck with an operating system that no longer gets patched. If someone finds a nasty bug or security vulnerability in Windows 7, they could easily take advantage of it, putting you at risk.

It also means new software will likely not work on Windows 7 PCs, which means you’re missing out on new features. Again, if there are bugs and security vulnerabilities in Windows 7 versions of the programs and applications you use, these may never get fixed.

Even ignoring the fact that Windows 7 is now in its End of Life phase, you should stop using such an old operating system, anyway. While Windows 10 isn’t perfect, it introduces features and tools that you’re missing out on by using outdated software.
https://www.techradar.com/news/windows- ... -windows-7

https://wccftech.com/windows-7-remote-c ... e-exploit/
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
Topher_5
New here

Post by Topher_5 »

Maybe this explanation will put some minds (and strong opinions) regarding Win 7 to rest. This PC is utilized to operate a CNC router using Mach 3. It is not utilized for anything else. My recent effort to map my drive from my NAS is purely for convenience not having to move a USB stick with my Gcode on it back and forth between PCs.
If this PC were on most of the time, or I were to do browsing with this PC I would certainly update it to Win 10.
Topher_5
New here

Post by Topher_5 »

Dolbyman, Thx. I was able to map the drive finally per your reply.

Return to “Users' Corner”