Requirements for using Qsync remotely without option to port forward

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
HFKDE
New here

Requirements for using Qsync remotely without option to port forward

Post by HFKDE »

What exactly needs to be performed on Qsync Central, MyQnapCloud Link, and Qsync clients to ensure remote syncing through Cloudlink in environments without port forwarding?

On the QNAP:
-Enable Cloudlink
-Enable DDNS?
-Publish a particular service?

On Qsync Clients:
-Does the QNAP have to be added via QID?

Some clients have trouble doing that on Verizon connections as shown in this thread, viewtopic.php?f=313&p=747102, and changing the DNS for those mobile clients to get through can cause other problems for them later when traveling and connecting to networks that require a captive portal login.

-If QNAP does need to be added via QID, then once successfully added would it continue to work when later encountering a Verizon connection with DNS like above or does a Qsync client need to somehow remain logged into MyQNAPCloud at all times.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Requirements for using Qsync remotely without option to port forward

Post by dolbyman »

Best to create a Site2Site VPN via some capable routers or firewalls

Then it just works like lan internal
HFKDE
New here

Post by HFKDE »

Thanks for your input. For environments where that is not an option either, what about the questions above towards ensuring Qsync can work via MyQNAPCloud/Cloudlink?
moonman94
First post

Post by moonman94 »

Hey ! I saw your posts from way back ! I think I found your solution, first I tried the DNS stuff, then I disabled IPv6, but THEN i found the option that says "allow qnap to find the best connection method" then BOOM it worked, it was trying to find that domain on the local network .....

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”