New Sub-forum for FreeRADIUS

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
metaldave
Starting out

New Sub-forum for FreeRADIUS

Post by metaldave »

It appears the FreeRADIUS server is one of the overlooked features of QTS. Can we get a sub-forum for this application? Do I need to open a support ticket or is there a forum moderator that could make this happen?

A little commentary on support for this feature: it's notable that FreeRADIUS discontinued the 2.2.x version of the software some years ago (with the latest v2.2.10 released in July 2017 with a security patch). The v3.0.x Series are a notable upgrade, and I wouldn't expect there to be a reason this shouldn't already be bundled with QTS.
OneCD
Guru

Re: New Sub-forum for FreeRADIUS

Post by OneCD »

metaldave wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:30 am It appears the FreeRADIUS server is one of the overlooked features of QTS. Can we get a sub-forum for this application? Do I need to open a support ticket or is there a forum moderator that could make this happen?
viewtopic.php?p=746135#p746135

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
metaldave
Starting out

Post by metaldave »

OneCD wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:34 am only the QNAP forum admin team can create new sub-forums. Please send them a message requesting this via the "Contact us" button at the bottom of any forum page.
Thank you for the direction, OneCD!
metaldave
Starting out

Post by metaldave »

I wanted to let you know that I did get a response back from QNAP support on 4/15, and I'm not sure they understand where FreeRADIUS is implemented in QTS. They recommended posting in "Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)" which, really, wouldn't apply.

I responded to let them know the feature is found in Control Panel > Applications > RADIUS Server just as Control Panel > Applications > LDAP Server is, actually, OpenLDAP (which already enjoys its own subforum under "Official Apps"). We'll see if that clears it up and motivates them to get one going for us.

Return to “Official Apps”