Hyper Data Protector [beta] issue

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
cerealkiller83
New here

Hyper Data Protector [beta] issue

Post by cerealkiller83 »

Hi,

I've installed the beta version of the newly rlease Hyper Data Protectors qnap app. The installation goes through correctly, but when I try to access with the qnap admin credentials I get a 'login failed' message.
I've installed it on 2 different NAS but I get the same issue on both.

Has anybody experienced something similar?

thanks

C.
siteexperts
Starting out

Re: Hyper Data Protector [beta] issue

Post by siteexperts »

Same issue. My NAS is connected to a domain controller. Unsure if that is causing issues.
cerealkiller83
New here

Post by cerealkiller83 »

Mine is not joined to a domain, so we can exclude that.

I was able to install it on a third has and I was able to login but when I try to add an hyper-v host to the inventory it just doesn't do anything.
bancha
Getting the hang of things

Post by bancha »

Basically, I think this is a nice app to have for backup om ESXi hosts.

On my tvs-882BR:
I can install this app.
I can add a VMware esxi to the inventory.
I have the issue not being able to add repositories. "internal Server error" is all i see in the log.

So no Chance of testing it.
kelv1n
Starting out

Post by kelv1n »

cerealkiller83 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:21 am Hi,

I've installed the beta version of the newly rlease Hyper Data Protectors qnap app. The installation goes through correctly, but when I try to access with the qnap admin credentials I get a 'login failed' message.
I've installed it on 2 different NAS but I get the same issue on both.

Has anybody experienced something similar?

thanks

C.
Yes I had the same issue when first installing it - Give this a try, go into the Control Panel -> General Settings, and disable "Force secure connection (HTTPS) only".. Then re-open it and try again. Bizarrely, the App still needs to be accessed on HTTPS, but I think its doing some HTTP calls on the back-end with regards to authentication - Obviously not ideal from a security perspective, but not a major issue for a little testing.

My problem now is, I can't add either a vCenter or an ESXi host. When adding vCenter, its doesn't seem to like the "@vpshere.local" credentials, and the "apply" button does nothing. I get more with an ESXi host, it gives a warning saying the ESXi host is managed by a vCenter and do I want to continue, if I click yes, it does nothing.

I'm happy to beta test applications, and I want to applaud QNAPs for finally trying to fill this massive gap in their features - but at the moment, I wouldn't even rate this as POS Alpha, yet alone BETA.
cerealkiller83
New here

Post by cerealkiller83 »

Thanks Kelv1n, i’ll try disabling https access too and see if it works.

As mentioned above I was able to install HDP on a TS-453be and log in but when I try to add a Hyper-v host it just doesn’t do anything.

I was so excited about qnap coming up with such a feature but I think it is too early for beta testing.
siteexperts
Starting out

Post by siteexperts »

That fixed the log-in issue (disabling force https).

However, I added my hyper-v server but it shows no VMs. I have no problems remotely administering our hyper-v server remotely using the windows Hyper-V Manager console so unsure if this is a port/ firewall issue or something else.

Curious if anyone knows of another viable (free) option that will work with 2 VMs? I haven't considered backing up our VMs to our QNap but I really like the idea.
siteexperts
Starting out

Post by siteexperts »

Tried to download the debug logs but for some reason they require a password to decompress. Hard to help when we are basically stuck only interacting with the UI.

Probably going to uninstall and wait for a usable beta.
cerealkiller83
New here

Post by cerealkiller83 »

Disabling the force secure connection option worked for me too.
I also succeded in adding an esxi host but when I try to add the hyper-v host with domain credentials it say "login failed".

Now I get an internal server error when I try to set up a repository...
cyvaluer
New here

Post by cyvaluer »

Unfortunately, disabling "Force secure connection" DID NOT work for me when adding a Hyper-V.

Hopefully, it is a bug to be fixed.
cerealkiller83
New here

Post by cerealkiller83 »

Unfortunately there still are many bugs in this app.
I've installed it on 4 different qnaps but not one of them is working.
All of them won't let me add hyper-v hosts. With two I was able to add a vmware host but they won't let me create a repository.
miodzicho
Starting out

Post by miodzicho »

Same for me, login failed even after Force secure connection was disabled in Settings. Not able even to login...
TS-453 Pro, 2x8GB Crucial CT102464BF, Mirror: 2xHitachi HDS723030ALA640, 1xSAMSUNG HD204UI, SSD cache: PLEXTOR PX-128M5Pro
izhelev
First post

Post by izhelev »

I have same problem when try to add repository i get error INTERNAL SERVER ERROR. Do somebody found what is the problem or what is the fix on that problem
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Added a Hyper-V Server and Storage Repository

Just added a test job and backup is running ... So far so good
kbk00
Know my way around

Post by kbk00 »

I agree with the statement made earlier about this not being even an alpha release. So many failures that it's clear there is zero testing of the app. This can be such a huge win for qnap if they can actually get a half-decent working product.

Return to “Backup & Restore”