Cloudlink and 20001 Port high Bandwidth

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
andreaskapa
New here

Cloudlink and 20001 Port high Bandwidth

Post by andreaskapa »

Hello,

Since the 4.x.x update i have high use of bandwidth to internet from my QNAP.

It transfers daily between 10-20 Gigabyte.
In the beggining i thought was misconfiguration so:
I unpublished all my services and was still the same. Then i did fully initialize my QNAP to factory defaults without recconecting to Cloudlink/QNAP Cloud and for 3 days everything was normal.
After i connected my QNAP to Cloudlink without any publish service i experience again the same.

What the QNAP need to push so much ammount of data to cloud even if you dont have publish any services? What is happening?

Attached is the traffic from my Firewall and a Daily report of traffic. As you can see you ll see every 2 minutes connection to members.linodexxxx which transfer between 9-14 MB on each session.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Cloudlink and 20001 Port high Bandwidth

Post by dolbyman »

that would be a good question for qnap..ask them via ticket (qnap does not come here)

why are you using cloudlinks anyways ? all remote access should be done via vpn
andreaskapa
New here

Re: Cloudlink and 20001 Port high Bandwidth

Post by andreaskapa »

dolbyman wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:25 pm that would be a good question for qnap..ask them via ticket (qnap does not come here)

why are you using cloudlinks anyways ? all remote access should be done via vpn
I use cloudlink only for the dynamic ip address update and to send Wake On Lan to power on remotely. But yes you re right maybe after that i should really consider to disconnect and go only through VPN. I already opened a ticked and lets see... i ll kee the forum updated with the answer.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”