The volume used to store virus definitions is corrupt or missing. Create a new volume.

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
jmcging
Starting out

The volume used to store virus definitions is corrupt or missing. Create a new volume.

Post by jmcging »

Got this with McAfee, could not update the anti-virus definitions, and went looking for fixes. Many were found, but all seemed way too involved. So I opened a ticket, and after a day, the help desk got things working right by reinstalling the latest firmware. No creating volumes, or other weirdness, just a firmware reinstall. After it finished, McAfee update works as it should.

Thought I'd share if it comes up for someone e;se.
misapope
First post

Re: The volume used to store virus definitions is corrupt or missing. Create a new volume.

Post by misapope »

I have the same problem. What firmware reinstall was that?
jmcging
Starting out

Re: The volume used to store virus definitions is corrupt or missing. Create a new volume.

Post by jmcging »

The current one. Whatever one is messing up, reinstall it or the latest one if you run older versions for some reason. It was teh reinstall process that fixed things, so the specific firmware seems not relevant.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

always state the build ..
"current" means nothing
jmcging
Starting out

Post by jmcging »

Per tech support, it wasn't build related, it was install related. When I updated the firmware myself apparently something messed up that a reinstall of what was then the current build fixed it. The explanation was simply the reinstall itself was the fix. Take that for what you want. It's what was said. No mention of needing a specific build or having issues with a specific build.

Return to “Users' Corner”