How to reseed finished download tasks

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
muppets4
Getting the hang of things

How to reseed finished download tasks

Post by muppets4 »

I have a few allready finished download tasks, that I would like to reseed. I tried to re-download the initial torrent. The torrent loads fine, than checks if it is 100% there and is placed into finished downloads again. Is it possible?
TS-653D
LosOutlandos
First post

Re: How to reseed finished download tasks

Post by LosOutlandos »

i'd be interested in this, too.
anyone?
jasebri

Post by jasebri »

I support it too... taking notice that a seeding-only-torrent can not be counted as a downloading one in the max file download settings as it is happening now :roll:
jambraun
New here

Post by jambraun »

I came here looking for the answer too (and it's been 10 years...)

Ok, I did some personal testing on the subject and found a work around. It does require you have access to the torrent file.

Requirements:
Download Station
File Station
A mapped share to your torrent download folder

1) Open download station and set your BT settings to seed "Forever" or whatever time you want; I'm using a ratio of 0% in hopes that means unlimited (The software is broken at this time and will only ratio to 9.99%)
2) Load the torrent file as if you were going to start it from scratch
3) When it starts to actually download, stop the task
4) Open the containing directory (which will be in the temporary folder you chose), and navigate to the top folder of the download until you can see the actual folder being downloaded
5) Delete the folder
6) Drag and drop the previously finished directory with all your finished downloaded files in to the top level directory in the temp area to replace the folder you just deleted
7) Choose to Move and skip (when then torrent finishes seeding, it'll move the folder back)
8) After the folder is moved to the downloading location, you need to rename all your files to have an extension of .dsdownload (at least that's what I chose as my extension when setting up Download Station). This extension is what the software looks for in determining what needs to be downloaded. If you are using Windows like me, open the command prompt (cmd) and navigate to the mapped share directory of your torrents. Here's an example of how I navigated:
Y:
cd "@DownloadStationTempFiles\admin\top_level_directory\actual_download_folder"
ren *.7z *.7z.dsdownload
9) After all your files are renamed, start the torrent task in the Download Station once again. The files will begin to check progress and when checking is completed, the torrent will seed.

If you have a better way to do this, PLEASE SHARE!
jasebri

Post by jasebri »

thank you very much!! ten years waiting!!

(now let's see if it Works)
jambraun
New here

Post by jambraun »

Minor edit...0% share ends the torrent. Set the ratio as high as you can!
jambraun
New here

Post by jambraun »

Plan B, this is way too complicated. I'm actually extremely disappointed with the callous attitude of the developers for their users. This wasn't just a minor bug introduced by a patch that can wait until the next update.

I've switched to Transmission and it works great. Not going back to DS.
choco_bear
Starting out

Post by choco_bear »

Is there a simpler way than this for Download Station yet?
I'm using a Private Torrent site where you have to keep your ratio up, and I don't know how to while using DS?

I'm very new to Torrents so any help would be greatly appreciated.
choco_bear
Starting out

Post by choco_bear »

Bump?
sd_dracula

Post by sd_dracula »

Very interested in this and now I also got a message saying QGet will no longer be supported after firmware 4.2.0
Seriously disappointed with that since it was a decent software.
I've tried copy paste the finished torrent files into the @DownloadStationTempFiles and deleting the .download file, it checked files, got to 100% and then started downloading again, so broken.
choco_bear
Starting out

Post by choco_bear »

sd_dracula wrote:Very interested in this and now I also got a message saying QGet will no longer be supported after firmware 4.2.0
Seriously disappointed with that since it was a decent software.
I've tried copy paste the finished torrent files into the @DownloadStationTempFiles and deleting the .download file, it checked files, got to 100% and then started downloading again, so broken.
Same with me :x
I'm trying to get Transmission to work but not having much luck with that either!!
greensabath
Starting out

Post by greensabath »

I would like to thank jambraum for his workaround!! After spending a bunch of time researching this issue myself, this thread was able to solve this issue!
Nadzzz
New here

Post by Nadzzz »

Big shoutout to jambraum for solving this.
I used bulk rename utility to rename the files with .dsdownload extension really fast.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”