Failed to update DDNS "myQNAPcloud".

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
megairwalk
New here

Failed to update DDNS "myQNAPcloud".

Post by megairwalk »

I have 14 QNAP servers that are setup with myQNAPcloud . 90% of them are reporting warnings every 10 minutes
Severity: Warning
Date/Time: 2020/05/22 22:42:36

App Name: Network & Virtual Switch
Category: Infrastructure
Message: [Network & Virtual Switch] Failed to update DDNS "myQNAPcloud".

When i log into myQNAPcloud portal none of my QNAPS appear, it just spins at loading. Tried this on multiple sites and also on my mobile phone and all produce that same "loading" spin forever.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: Failed to update DDNS "myQNAPcloud".

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

my situation is, i enabled myqnapcloud. tested it works.

then later i decide to disable myqnapcloud. unregister device in myqnapcloud website, remove lets encrypot cert, remove cloudlink, remove port forward.

then later i noticed i too was getting this failed to update ddns myqnapcloud.

i get brought to myqnapcloud ddns settings. i click disable, but it won't let me.

next thing i tried is in myqnapcloud to signout, won't let me either.

also went to virtual network and see if i can remove the myqnapcloud dyndns entry there, also can't.

All i could find in reference to this situation was this
schumaku wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:17 pm The trick is easy: Go to https://www.myqnapcloud.com/ - select the device, go to [Device details], and use [Unregister].

After an email chat with QNAP I learnt that there will be some connectivity updates regardless for the "convenience" reasons. Still unclear to me why the disabled DDNS does still trigger the DDNS updates. Will challenge QNAP again after the Chinese New Year.

Regards,
-Kurt.
viewtopic.php?t=129255#p595354

I'm using the latest 4.4.2 build
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
evdonas
First post

Post by evdonas »

Just adding a me as well post on this. Started 11:30pm same warning every 10 mins. Current firmware; no network changes.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

i already created a ticket here
https://service.qnap.com/en

but based on that post i linked earlier, somethings tells me this is not necessarily a problem that begin with the latest qts build, but something that existed since a while back :S ???
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
great_vc
Know my way around

Post by great_vc »

yeap same here, no change no firmare update since yesterday i woke up with 40 emails alerts
i click on test and the connectivity says ok it is all green.

what is its problem ???
TS-251-4G, 2 x WD RED 4TB
Firmware: Always the latest, you know...every week :o
SMB for Windows 10 64bit - SMB for MacMini Mojave / Kodi
Mainly used for storage (Home Use)
VM Windows 7 Isolated for RDP Jump Host only
Amazon S3 Backup, Google Drive Hybrid Backup, External USB once every 2 months back (one touch copy)
OpenVPN Only Access Remotely, no public ports opened
tonymy01
New here

Post by tonymy01 »

Have the same problem, a bucket load of emails from 2:43UTC to 6:13UTC (every 10mins), QNAP cloud DDNS ones, Sydney Australia if location dependent.
Although the last hour it has been OK, so I guess the outage is over? QNAP service status page shows all green at the moment, would be interesting to see if it was a planned outage?

I haven't updated firmware in a couple of months so it isn't related to that for those here suggesting this.

Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Not sure if this will help, but it is at least a hint for a solution.

in my logs i noticed that myqnapcloud is signed out. and since then i no longer get the dyndns failed spam.

so you need to somehow go to qts, myqnapcloud and sign out from myqnapcloud.

only reason why i say hint, is because earlier i tried to sign out but it wouldn't let me. i only checked log later and it says i'm now signed out. not quite sure how that happened.

In summary, they need to relook at the process for removing myqnapcloud. because it seemingly has some faultiness that cause this ddns spamming when you try to disable/undo myqnapcloud from your configuration :S the issue might be not following the undo steps in order, and this could result in this situation.

i believe the correct step might be to first go myqnapcloud and select the disable ddns FIRST thing. only after that then you should sign out myqnapcloud from within qts. then you can remove your lets encrypt cert (this should go back to qnap default). disable cloudlink, then go appcenter and remove it. only after that, then you go to myqnapcloud website to unregister your device. then lastly you can go router and disable portforwarding.

i suspect the problem occured because i didnt disable ddns and unsign from myqnapcloud early on in the steps when trying to remove myqnapcloud :/
NAS

Network

Resources
great_vc
Know my way around

Post by great_vc »

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:53 pm
i suspect the problem occured because i didnt disable ddns and unsign from myqnapcloud early on in the steps when trying to remove myqnapcloud :/
this was no ones fault.
this was due to qnap servers.
it got fixed on its own
TS-251-4G, 2 x WD RED 4TB
Firmware: Always the latest, you know...every week :o
SMB for Windows 10 64bit - SMB for MacMini Mojave / Kodi
Mainly used for storage (Home Use)
VM Windows 7 Isolated for RDP Jump Host only
Amazon S3 Backup, Google Drive Hybrid Backup, External USB once every 2 months back (one touch copy)
OpenVPN Only Access Remotely, no public ports opened
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

great_vc wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:39 pm this was no ones fault.
this was due to qnap servers.
it got fixed on its own
good to hear.

but i don't think that quite explains why

1. myqnapcloud ddns could not be disable in qts
2. why cannot sign out from myqnapcloud in qts

maybe they should take alook at that :S how can myqnapcloud ddns server issues be having a qts issue, that will not allow you to disable ddns service to stop the ddns fail spam :'

yes i understand why ddns server itself having issues, may result in the alerts. but why on earth would they lock/prevent disabling ddns within qts? that doesn't make sense.
NAS

Network

Resources

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”