Auto On/Off

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
MrJSaul
New here

Auto On/Off

Post by MrJSaul »

I want my server to shut off at a specific time at night and come back on at a specific time in the morning. Is there a way to have this setup to occur automatically? Thanks, Josh
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: Auto On/Off

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

MrJSaul wrote:I want my server to shut off at a specific time at night and come back on at a specific time in the morning. Is there a way to have this setup to occur automatically? Thanks, Josh
not sure what qnap model you're using... :' ... but yes this is possibru 8)

Go to qts

options > power > schedule and set as you see fit.

Eup mode needs to be disabled though, if you want to use power scheduling mode instead.

i suggest tick/enable the postpone shut down/restart if any replication is taking place. It would be a disaster if a backup job got stopped mid way :S

based on your requirements, just having a shutdown and a power on is sufficient. doubt you need restart? :' when i need a ram refresh, i use qboost for that. saves me the time needed to perform a restart.

other things you could do is configure UPS
[youtube=]g3l2T7x7jRc[/youtube]
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Example shutdown and startup by the power schedule.
Screenshot from 2018-11-17 10-07-37.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
Tobarus
New here

Post by Tobarus »

I'm using Acronis to backup my desktop/workstation at certain intervals. (Windows desktop backed up to NAS).

If I tick the "Postpone scheduled restart/shutdown when a replication job is in progress" box, will this also prevent the NAS from shutting down during my Acronis backup (on my desktop)?

Thanks!
stanzani
Know my way around

Post by stanzani »

Should be better to use sleep innstead? Qhat is the difference in power consumption and hard disk hardware stress? If the NAS is shut down can it self turn on (i.e. does it stay in a kind of very low power so it can act for minimal functionality?)
TS-531P Annapurna

Return to “Miscellaneous”