Error: Cannot connect to device. Please check if the device and your computer are on the same subnet.

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
oat10111010
First post

Error: Cannot connect to device. Please check if the device and your computer are on the same subnet.

Post by oat10111010 »

Hi. Connection issue. I changed my Wifi Network ID and my qnap is wired directly to the wireless router. I notice this error message when I try to log in. I can not access my mapped drives to the NAS. I tried a reboot on the NAS but doesn't work. Help and thanks!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Error: Cannot connect to device. Please check if the device and your computer are on the same subnet.

Post by dolbyman »

more info about the NAS, the client and configuration please

otherwise changing the name of the wifi should have zilch effect on NAS connection
Don
Guru

Re: Error: Cannot connect to device. Please check if the device and your computer are on the same subnet.

Post by Don »

Agreed. Wireless name has nothing to do with a hard wired connection.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
LacoNagy
First post

Post by LacoNagy »

Do you have in System->Security->Allow/Deny List allow connections from the list only set ip adressess? Try set the "Allow all connections"
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

It’s been 3 years. The OP has moved-on with their life. ;)

* topic locked *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mac OS”