Surveillance Station V5.1.0.2 & Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
qwert106
Starting out

Surveillance Station V5.1.0.2 & Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

Post by qwert106 »

hello

since i updated my Surveillance Station to V5.1.0.2 i have 2 problems with my Hikvision cams:
- the cams stopped working correct under IP Cam Viewer (Android, from Robert Chou). i noticed that V5.1.0.2 change the Substream from the cams to MJPEG. in the older versions from Surveillance Station the Susstream stayd to H.264. The mainstream in the surveillance Station settings is H.264. There is no option for the Substream in Surveillance Station. If i change the Substream in the Camera to H.264, after a few minutes it changes to MJPEG (but not so, if i disable the Surveillance Station). I hope, this will be fixed in the next version or better a setting option for the Substream in the settings. IP Cam Viewer works fine with setting H.264. a last thing: if you change in IP Cam Viewer settings the cam to DS-2CD2432F although i use the DS-2CD2032 i get a live picture, but it dosn't update correct and causes connection problems.
- in the video quality settings in Surveillance Station i only can select fix values (512kps, 1024kbs, etc) - variable is not possible (cam can handle variable setting). not a new issue, i had the issue before V5.1.0.2 also
- recorded files aren't playable with Windows Media Player after updating to V5.1.0.2 (it worked before)

I prefer IP Cam Viewer instead of V-Mobile: it's much faster to work with it, more stable and uses less data volume. I hope someone has a solution to use IP Cam Viewer again as it worked.

i don't understand, why Qnap changes settings and the user hasn't the ability to change them back after an update. in my case the update is a step back.
Qnap HS-251 with 8 Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I
kheiney
New here

Re: Surveillance Station V5.1.0.2 & Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

Post by kheiney »

I was wondering why I recently saw the stream type change when viewing my camera's in TinyCam Pro. It's only changed for my camera's that are recording on my NAS, the others are still fine. Please file a support ticket for this! the extra bandwidth from this is frustrating when viewing remotely.
qwert106
Starting out

Post by qwert106 »

i filled a support ticket and hope this will be fixed soon. the problem exists only if the cams are connected with surveillance Station for me too.
Qnap HS-251 with 8 Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

This does sounds like QNAP have broken something in the way the camera models operate through SS.
Submitting a HelpDesk ticket is the right approach - what you've describes sounds quite repeatable and should be able to be demonstrated by their engineers.
It will be interesting to hear what you get back.
Hikvision is the #1 surveillance manufacturer worldwide - not good to break those models in SS, that will affect a lot of users.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
antfoe
First post

Post by antfoe »

I was wondering if this had any update. As I am having the same problem with a Hikvision Camera.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

That's a 5 year old post.
Much has changed since then.

What exact problem are you seeing?
Please describe the symptoms.
What firmware version is on the camera?
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”