Audio distortion in Surveillance Station video records

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
papakarlo
New here

Audio distortion in Surveillance Station video records

Post by papakarlo »

Hi all!
On my QNAP NAS TS-128 (4.3.6.1333 Build 20200608) installed a Surveillance Station (5.1.5.3.0) . Everything works, but there is one problem. One of my cameras have a microphone. Surveillance Station records the audio from this ONVIF camera with extreme distortion, nothing can be understood. But the picture on the records is excellent. Microphone malfunction is excluded, because the audio from this camera is normal on all other recordings which was made through other various video surveillance software. The camera settings was allways the same. What could be the problem?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Audio distortion in Surveillance Station video records

Post by AlastairStevenson »

What could be the problem?
You may need to change the audio encoder settings on the camera.
There is usually a fair choice available - some working better than others, so you'll need to experiment.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
papakarlo
New here

Post by papakarlo »

AlastairStevenson wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:02 am You may need to change the audio encoder settings on the camera.
Thanks for the tip, but there are no separate audio settings on the camera. It can only be disabled. I repeat once again that there are no problems with audio in other programs. Only in Surveillance Station. I think Surveillance Station decodes audio correctly, but for some reason it records it to a file at a huge volume level. Hence the distortion. If so, how to fix it?
Безымянный.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

there are no separate audio settings on the camera.
That's the video encoder settings.

Isn't there a similar configuration page for audio encoding?
The cameras I have with audio capabilities have half a dozen encoder choices.
for some reason it records it to a file at a huge volume level. Hence the distortion.
It seems that SS isn't handling the specific codec well, hence the suggestion to try another one.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
papakarlo
New here

Post by papakarlo »

As I understand it, Surveillance Station does not support H.265 or H.265x codecs for any cameras. Does anyone know when Surveillance Station will support H.265 or H.265x? Almost all other video surveillance programs have it for a long time.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”