Please help DLNA not working with LG tv getting unstable network

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
bigg01
First post

Please help DLNA not working with LG tv getting unstable network

Post by bigg01 »

After the latest firmware updates and media console updates, my TV can no longer play media via DLNA.
Folder view is no longer present, thumbnails are there but when you attempt to play I get an unstable network notification.
I have a Minix neo-8 and can still successfully play media via DLNA through that.
The media play via both of my LG tv's have been faultless for the last 18mths until these latest updates and I cannot see what has changed, I re-indexed everything, regenerated all thumbnails, all folders are selected correctly and displayed correctly when accessed via the minix.
I know it has nothing to do with the network, Netflix and everything else plays fine, my average speed is 92 Mbps.
I have noticed that the port number is missing from the media add-on I have put the correct number in but every time I reopen it, it is missing.

Reinstalled PLEX and it works so it has nothing to with the network, the LG media play was absolutely seamless I bloody hate PLEX it buffers all the time. Anyone got any ideas.

Help greatly appreciated. Owen
gggplaya
Been there, done that

Re: Please help DLNA not working with LG tv getting unstable network

Post by gggplaya »

What NAS version do you have, the only reason I can think of plex buffering over the same connection is because it's transcoding and you don't have enough processing power to transcode. If you have an intel processor, you can enable hardware transcode with plex pass to see if that works for you. Also, plex does have a built in DLNA server as well, but it's not enabled by default. You have to turn it on manually, it just takes a click of the mouse.

Return to “Media Streaming”