[QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI) beta

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
OneCD
Guru

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager

Post by OneCD »

mrx9qn1 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:24 am I have version 3 in the app centre, but version 2 is no longer showing but it is still running so not sure how to uninstall.
Which application? :'

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
craZyC
Starting out

Post by craZyC »

Hi OneCD

Quick question I noticed on github you have added the newer signed version of Entware. Will that still work with your old script, if i recall stop then restart the app updates ?? or am I wrong. Also have you heard anything about par2 and Sab..
Still holding off installing your new script until the firmware fixes come in if any
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4GB, Asus Z170Pro, 32gb Ripjaw 2400c, Asus ROG GTX 1070 8GBOC,Samsungs 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
QNAP-TS453BE 8GB 4 x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf for storage connecting via Nvidia Pro and Kodi 19.4
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

craZyC wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:41 pm Quick question I noticed on github you have added the newer signed version of Entware. Will that still work with your old script, if i recall stop then restart the app updates ?? or am I wrong.
Yes, the new version will work fine. Whenever I push an updated package to GitHub, I update the sherpa management script at the same time. Your local sherpa QPKG will automatically start using the new one.

However, Entware will need to be reinstalled as I haven't written an upgrade process for it yet:

Code: Select all

sherpa reinstall ew
craZyC wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:41 pm Also have you heard anything about par2 and Sab..
Par2 is a package maintained by QNAP_Stephane. When I see that Par2 has been signed, I'll update sherpa to use it.

The SABnzbd QPKG is maintained by myself, and I'm unable to sign packages yet. Still waiting for QNAP to tell me how. :(

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
niwa2
Experience counts

Post by niwa2 »

With the latest firmware unsigned QPKG can be run again from the app center.
Only thing I noticed was that I had to add "Status = complete" to the according sections of the QPKGs in /etc/config/QPKG.conf

I have not tried installing any. So it is possible that the installation process is still broken.
TVS-1282 | Version 4.4.3 | 3x 12TB WDC WD121KRYZ RAID5
TS-639 Pro | Version 4.2.6 | 5x 3TB WDC WD30EFRX RAID5 as Backup
LianLi EX-50 with 3x 2TB SAMSUNG HD203WI + 2x 2TB SAMSUNG HD204UI in RAID5 as Backup drive
LianLi EX-503 with 5x 2TB SAMSUNG HD204UI in RAID5 as Backup drive
kentuckyjo
New here

Post by kentuckyjo »

OneCD wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:41 am
aslakege wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:10 pm All of the packages were set at "Always enabled", but I tried disabling them and then re-enabling them. I then ran

sherpa reinstall SickChill debug

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/sherpa/cache/sherpa.manager.sh: line 4009: /dev/fd/62: No such file or directory
This error is something I can't do much about. It means the current QTS BASH isn't handling file-descriptors properly. :(

It occurred several times in your last sherpa session. I suspect this is another breakage in QTS 4.5.1
aslakege wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:46 am I am now running 4.4.3.1439, and sherpa installed everything with no glitches whatsoever. Working like a charm. :)
No worries Aslak, downgrading looks like a good idea. Hopefully we can get sherpa working on the new QTS versions. I don't have access to it myself so it's a bit difficult to do. :lol:
I ran into this issue as well. Ended up downgrading and got everything working again but had a pending upgrade to Sabnzbd I wanted to do as I was now almost a year out of sync with the latest update. But then I got that same /dev/fd error when trying to update, even though I was back on the old firmware.

Anywho, I was able to get around it by manually creating the link and trying the upgrade command again and everything was successful:

ln -s /proc/self/fd /dev/fd
sherpa upgrade sabnzbd debug
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
kentuckyjo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:24 pm Anywho, I was able to get around it by manually creating the link and trying the upgrade command again and everything was successful:

ln -s /proc/self/fd /dev/fd
Nice! I haven't seen that one before. Should I add that to sherpa? :geek:

Did you find that the [/dev/fd] directory was missing on your NAS?

I was guessing the allocated file-descriptor wasn't being created and was causing the error. Couldn't understand why, though. :S

kentuckyjo
New here

Post by kentuckyjo »

OneCD wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:07 pm Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Nice! I haven't seen that one before. Should I add that to sherpa? :geek:

Did you find that the [/dev/fd] directory was missing on your NAS?

I was guessing the allocated file-descriptor wasn't being created and was causing the error. Couldn't understand why, though. :S
Thank you! Long time lurker and appreciator of your work.

I'm not sure if it should be added to sherpa. I don't know enough about how it all works to advise. What I can say is that /dev/fd did not exist on my NAS when I encountered the issue. Could be a byproduct from upgrading the 4.5.1.1465 then downgrading to 4.4.3.1439. From what I've read, it's supposed to and is the system's responsibility to ensure it's there.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

kentuckyjo wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:35 am What I can say is that /dev/fd did not exist on my NAS when I encountered the issue. Could be a byproduct from upgrading the 4.5.1.1465 then downgrading to 4.4.3.1439. From what I've read, it's supposed to and is the system's responsibility to ensure it's there.
Agree, but I'll add a check-and-create for this into sherpa anyway.

Cheers! :D

The Mask
Starting out

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

Post by The Mask »

Hi OneCd,

I installed the Deluge package but I don't see any plugins that normally are included in the package.

Is this a known issue?

I installed both server and web packages.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

The Mask wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:25 pm I installed the Deluge package but I don't see any plugins that normally are included in the package.

Is this a known issue?
Ah, I don't know. :'

This version of Deluge is installed via Entware, so it will only have the capabilities of the version compiled for Entware.

quassum
Know my way around

Post by quassum »

Is there any chance you could add a Youtube download solution to your excellent mini package manager? I'm looking for something like https://github.com/Tzahi12345/YoutubeDL-Material that's able to automatically download new videos from a list of channels I'm interested in.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

quassum wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:51 pm Is there any chance you could add a Youtube download solution to your excellent mini package manager?
I've had a quick look at the project you linked to - seems it's required to be installed via 'npm'. Entware offers 'node-npm' which I think will be the same thing.

If you're able to work out all the steps required to get it running on your NAS, I'd be happy to include it in sherpa. :geek:

zyxmon
Experience counts

Post by zyxmon »

OneCD wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:37 am .... Entware offers 'node-npm' which I think will be the same thing.....
Thats right, Entware also has youtube-dl package (and annie package as an alternative).

https://github.com/Entware/entware-pack ... youtube-dl
https://github.com/Entware/entware-go/tree/master/annie
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

zyxmon wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:55 am Thats right, Entware also has youtube-dl package (and annie package as an alternative).
That might be a better way to go, but I don't think 'youtube-dl' offers the web UI available in 'YoutubeDL-Material'. :(

quassum
Know my way around

Post by quassum »

Thanks for looking into this! For me it doesn't have to be a web UI although I think the most people using this would be keen to have some form of web UI to administrate the channels and downloads.

Return to “Community Apps”