Download Station update to 5.7.0 has truncated all my seeding files to 0B

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
maxmalkav
First post

Download Station update to 5.7.0 has truncated all my seeding files to 0B

Post by maxmalkav »

I have updated Download Station to version 5.7.0 today and it has basically truncated to 0 B all the files I was still seeding.

Those files that were downloaded with the Download Station but were not seeding anymore are fine.

My NAS is a TS-431P2.

I'm really upset with the situation.
Pleuris
Starting out

Re: Download Station update to 5.7.0 has truncated all my seeding files to 0B

Post by Pleuris »

I'm also having strange problems after the update.

My qnap shuts down every night (intentionally). But the first day after the update the downloads wouldn't resume. Rebooted the device and everything worked again. The second day several downloads went from 60% downloaded back to 8. Today ownload station froze completely. Nothing can be added or deleted. Tried to stop the app. It normally takes a few minutes. After 15 I gave up. Once again rebooted the device. It takes a very long time to reboot. Now once more, downloads failed and had to restart them from 0 :s
TheUnshavenOne
First post

Post by TheUnshavenOne »

I had the same issue, and had to redownload all of the files that I was seeding.

On top of that, since the update, any files that are downloading or seeding are prone to "resetting" themselves. The download will restart from 0%, ignoring any previous progress. Even more annoyingly, files that have already downloaded and are seeding will start from a 0% download again as well. If I keep an eye on the progress while Download Station is running, this problem presents with a "The service has stopped" popup in the bottom right corner of the window right before all progress is reset. It can happen as often as every few minutes, making trying to finish a download an aggravating task, and requiring me to stop the task and not let it seed to avoid losing all progress.
s_le_nas
New here

Post by s_le_nas »

+1! I left some 20ish GB files downloading last night, they are all reaching ~60% and resetting. I'm around 1 TB downloaded now, WAY higher than the sum of all the downloads, and it all comes from the truncated progress I believe.
vincenzov72
Starting out

Post by vincenzov72 »

I started downloading 3 torrents I went from 10% to 0 ..... and it always does
erminio
Starting out

Post by erminio »

More:when download is competed,it starts a second download of the same torrent.You ca find 2 files ,one in the download folder and another in the subfolder admin

Inviato dal mio SM-T810 utilizzando Tapatalk

Kngstnguy
Starting out

Post by Kngstnguy »

Has anyone got an update from Help Desk on this? I upgraded to the version 5.7.0 and had this happen as well - regretting the update now!

I haven't seen a further update to the app in the App Centeryet.
TVS-872X: 2x1TB WD Red NVMe, 2x1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD Cache, 4x4TB WD Red, 4x4TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro, 64GB Ram
TS-h1887XU-RP: 2x1TB WD Red NVMe, 6x12TB WD Red, 2x1TB Crucial SSD Cache, 128GB Ram
RAID is not a backup!
fgardel
New here

Post by fgardel »

The bug has been reported NEARLY A MONTH AGO (october 19) and download station keeps resetting downloads to 0% and redownloading again... seems like it's not important to QNAP.

i'm starting to send a daily tweet to QNAP alerting the future home users, so they can rethink buying QNAP or other brands... maybe if the loose sales, they start taking this things more seriously.

Any help with this will be apreciated.

Thanks.
fgardel
New here

Post by fgardel »

Opened a ticket with synology... by the way, they say that it's not confirmed as a BUG, and this forum is not adequate to report this things (?????).

I am doing a daily retweet with this BUG.... if anyone can retweet i think the solution will arribe faster -> https://twitter.com/felixgardel/status/ ... 3157060608

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Why would you open a ticket with Syno for that?..kinda the wrong manufacturer
fgardel
New here

Post by fgardel »

upps.... sorry... QNAP...
NetworkStorage
First post

Post by NetworkStorage »

I also opened a ticket with Qnap support on October 24 because I also experienced Download Station resetting running downloads to 0% and all the other stuff described in this topic.
Because Download Station is unusable at this point I started looking for an alternative way to download torrents on and by my Qnap. After some fiddling around I was able to create a working Transmission+OpenVPN docker container (the one created by Haugene on DockerHub). I used Container Station and not SSH to create it. When you use QVPN you do need some SSH magic because you need to kill a Qnap process that actively hunts for other OpenVPN instances (outside of QVPN) and kills them. If anyone is interested I can write a little manual on how I managed this.
Doug in Calgary
Getting the hang of things

Post by Doug in Calgary »

Also experiencing issues with:
1) downloads resetting
2) download rate reporting as x MB/s but size of already downloaded data stuck at zero MB

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

tirfilen
New here

Post by tirfilen »

The same problem with completed downloads starting over downloading again from 0% by themselves, with no visible cause. Files are there in their place, but no possibility to recheck etc.

There is also a problem that a download resets itself apparently when files are accessed thru local network.

There is another issue that (most) finished downloads are never seeded again.

What are alternatives to this Download Station?
(should not have bought QNAP in the first place...)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

why would you buy a nas as a torrent seeder anyways ?

go with
- a different torrent qpkg (check qnap club)
- a vm or container dedicated to seeding

Return to “Download Station and QGet”