internet connectivity problem with my 2016 TS-251+

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Kazoly
Starting out

Re: internet connectivity problem with my 2016 TS-251+

Post by Kazoly »

Oh forgot to mention the light blinking on the back of the Ethernet cable port. It was one blinking green and the other blinking orange like you said. The cable hooking up the NAS and the Apple airport is the one that came with the QNAP server.

Thx
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

Kazoly wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:34 pm 4) no idea of the IP address for the PC connected to NAS. I seldom use my PC laptop. Macbook and iMac are the main Computers I use as well as iPhone and iPad by logging in via Qfinder pro.
Ok, forget I talked about a PC. Just put that PC laptop away for now. Only use the Macbook or iMac, whichever you prefer, but pick one and stick to it, for troubleshooting.

If I understand correctly, you used to be able to log in to the NAS from the Macbook or iMac using Qfinder Pro. After the power outage, Qfinder Pro cannot find the NAS from that same Macbook or iMac, while nothing else has changed. Is this correct?
Kazoly wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:38 pm Oh forgot to mention the light blinking on the back of the Ethernet cable port. It was one blinking green and the other blinking orange like you said. The cable hooking up the NAS and the Apple airport is the one that came with the QNAP server.
No, I said blinking orange and steady green. Please double-check.

Have you tried switching the Ethernet cable to the other port on the back of the NAS like I suggested earlier?
Kazoly
Starting out

Post by Kazoly »

If I understand correctly, you used to be able to log in to the NAS from the Macbook or iMac using Qfinder Pro. After the power outage, Qfinder Pro cannot find the NAS from that same Macbook or iMac, while nothing else has changed. Is this correct?
Yes it is correct! See picture of the status now; no internet connection and the most updated software before it goes south.

Yes it is orange blinking and steady green.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

Ok, now we're finally getting some useful actionable information!

I wish you had shown that picture first thing, it would have saved a lot of time. And I wish I hadn't mentioned 'PC' before which apparently confused you into thinking it had to be "Windoze" and not mac, and sent you down a rabbit hole.

So please forget everything I suggested before now, and if you had made any change following my instructions, put everything back the way it was originally.

Your picture shows that your NAS can be found in Qfinder Pro. It has the name 'kinoko69kazoly' and the IP address 10.0.1.84. You agree with that?
DIsmiss the "No internet connection available" popup. Can you click on the Login button? If yes, can you log into the NAS?
Kazoly
Starting out

Post by Kazoly »

after I clicked on the login button, it brought me to a link with the IP address of my NAS but with a blank page. :(
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

A blank page and that's it, no error message? Did you wait a little bit? Which browser are you using, Safari? Try again and wait.

In addition:
- Tell me what is the IP address of the mac where you're running Qfinder Pro. Refer to Apple's documentation if you don't know how to find it.
- Go back to Qfinder Pro and click on the 'Details' button. Enter your admin username and password, and tell me what happens. If it doesn't work, post a picture of the error. If it works: don't post a picture of the results.
Kazoly
Starting out

Post by Kazoly »

It said " Safari can't connect to the server"

For the IP address, I am not sure which one is the correct one. Here is the Wi-Fi connected to Apple airport 10.0.1.8 and the other one is I found it by using website What is my IP address. <redacted>

Details' button is not highlight so no action can be done.
Last edited by OneCD on Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed public IP address
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

Make sure the NAS is selected/highlighted (the line with 'kinoko69kazoly') in Qfinder Pro. Are the buttons still disabled? If they're enabled now, click "Details".
If the above doesn't work:
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the back of the NAS
- Power cycle the Apple Airport (switch off, wait a few seconds, switch on)
- Verify your mac has Internet access
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable on the back of the NAS
- Restart Qfinder Pro on the mac
Kazoly
Starting out

Post by Kazoly »

Did all the suggested procedures and still cannot connect to the NAS. Details' button still isn't highlighted after selected my NAS device. Frustrating.....
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

Yep.

If you have a spare monitor that you can hook up with a HDMI cable, you can try connecting it to the HDMI connector on the back of the NAS. Check what is displayed on the monitor and report back here.

Otherwise, time to enter the desperate phase of troubleshooting...
Power cycle the NAS using the power button on the front (switch off, wait a few secs, switch on).
Wait for it to finish starting up (all lights on, long beep)
Restart Qfinder Pro on the mac
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Kazoly wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:59 am For the IP address, I am not sure which one is the correct one. Here is the Wi-Fi connected to Apple airport 10.0.1.8 and the other one is I found it by using website What is my IP address. <redacted>
@Kazoly, I've removed the public IP address from this post. Please don't post your public IP address in support forums. :geek:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kazoly
Starting out

Post by Kazoly »

OneCD wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:09 am
Kazoly wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:59 am For the IP address, I am not sure which one is the correct one. Here is the Wi-Fi connected to Apple airport 10.0.1.8 and the other one is I found it by using website What is my IP address. <redacted>
@Kazoly, I've removed the public IP address from this post. Please don't post your public IP address in support forums. :geek:
Oh, thank you very much! :)
Kazoly
Starting out

Post by Kazoly »

Mousetick wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:54 am Yep.

If you have a spare monitor that you can hook up with a HDMI cable, you can try connecting it to the HDMI connector on the back of the NAS. Check what is displayed on the monitor and report back here.

Otherwise, time to enter the desperate phase of troubleshooting...
Power cycle the NAS using the power button on the front (switch off, wait a few secs, switch on).
Wait for it to finish starting up (all lights on, long beep)
Restart Qfinder Pro on the mac
Have tried the power cycle the NAS method but no luck! So, tried to hook the NAS' HDMI to TV, see the picture, and tried to access FileStation, and it said the server is not available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

Hey, it's alive.

So I guess you hooked up a keyboard & mouse too, or did you use the remote control?
What happens when you try to access 'QTS' (second icon from left on second row)?
Kazoly
Starting out

Post by Kazoly »

Mousetick wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:23 am Hey, it's alive.

So I guess you hooked up a keyboard & mouse too, or did you use the remote control?
What happens when you try to access 'QTS' (second icon from left on second row)?
I used remote control on my iPhone. Yes, at least, it's alive but whichever I try to access any app, it always brings me to a webpage (see picture) said webpage is not available. I know why... because the QNAP cannot access to internet.

Return to “Miscellaneous”