Could I access other App services using myqnapcloud?

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
SuperYat
New here

Could I access other App services using myqnapcloud?

Post by SuperYat »

I could only use the default stations but not other extra installed APP, for example transmission when I remotely access the NAS using myqnapcloud.
Is there anyway I can use other APP?
pwilson
Guru

Re: Could I access other App services using myqnapcloud?

Post by pwilson »

SuperYat wrote:I could only use the default stations but not other extra installed APP, for example transmission when I remotely access the NAS using myqnapcloud.
MyQNAPCloud is a DDNS Service and an access Portal. You can use it's DDNS function to connect to your NAS in anyway you want, including accessing Transmission, Twonkymedia, etc.

I install Transmission Remote GUI on all my Windows, Linux, and Android devices, so that I can control my Transmission server on my NAS from any where on the Internet from anywhere. I simply point my Transmission Remote GUI clients to my "XXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com" address. (I have port 9091/TCP port-forwarded from my Router to my NAS).

I can even access the Transmission WebUI on my NAS using the URL: http://XXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com:9091/transmission/web/

Check out QNAP Tutorial: Learn at once to use Transmission to download.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
SuperYat
New here

Post by SuperYat »

Thanks. Now I can access transmission through WebUI but I encounter "409 :conflict" talking about the session ID header.
How could I resolve that?
depmesh
Starting out

Post by depmesh »

pwilson wrote:
SuperYat wrote:I could only use the default stations but not other extra installed APP, for example transmission when I remotely access the NAS using myqnapcloud.

I install Transmission Remote GUI on all my Windows, Linux, and Android devices, so that I can control my Transmission server on my NAS from any where on the Internet from anywhere. I simply point my Transmission Remote GUI clients to my "XXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com" address. (I have port 9091/TCP port-forwarded from my Router to my NAS).

I can even access the Transmission WebUI on my NAS using the URL: http://XXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com:9091/transmission/web/

I've been trying to achieve what you describe, that is to access transmission on my nas remotely through my android device but I can only do so on my LAN but not through the internet.

What am I missing?

EDIT I finally managed to access transmission from the webui through myqnapcloud after resetting some settings in the upnp port forwarding.
Disregard my previous comment.
Model : Qnap TS-870 Pro
Firmware : 20160119-4.2.0
Network Setup : Port Trunking IEEE 802.3ad
Drive Configuration : RAID5
DanteP
New here

Post by DanteP »

depmesh wrote: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 pm EDIT I finally managed to access transmission from the webui through myqnapcloud after resetting some settings in the upnp port forwarding.
Disregard my previous comment.
Hi guys, Happy Holidays!

What I'm missing here, because I was able to access Transmission over myqnapcloud in the past but now doesn't work anymore, without doing some changes (or I hope I didn't changed something breaking Transmission to work over internet :D ).
What settings you reset on the UPNP port forwarding? :)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”