Added IP address "" to IP block list. Duration: for 5 minutes.

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
doncarlos99
Starting out

Added IP address "" to IP block list. Duration: for 5 minutes.

Post by doncarlos99 »

In Notification Center:

2021/01/12 9:32:03 [Security] Removed IP address "172.16.0.83" from IP block list. Duration: for 5 minutes.
2021/01/12 9:26:54 [Security] Added IP address "172.16.0.83" to IP block list. Duration: for 5 minutes.

I am guessing this has to do with my fstab file having my SSH mapping of some QNAP shares at my client machine. After the five minutes have passed, I can access those QNAP shares after selecting the "Device" in Dolphin. However, I also get an error on my client that says:

Code: Select all

ksshaskpass -- KDialog  
Configuration file "/root/.config/ksshaskpassrc" not writable.  
Please contact your system administrator.
I have to click through that message for each share.

Perhaps related, when I initially setup my QNAP TVS-872XT I setup access to to the QNAP shares via NFS and SMB before SSH. This worked beautifully. But it stopped working after a couple days. That was why I setup SSH.

The client is openSuSE Tumbleweed.

Any ideas? What other information could help to nail this down? It's kind of annoying that I have to wait five minutes after starting the client to be able to access the shares.

Edit: Corrected notification to show Removed.
P3R
Guru

Re: Added IP address "" to IP block list. Duration: for 5 minutes.

Post by P3R »

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you enable the System Connection Logs (Control Panel, System, System Logs, System Connection Logs, Options) for SSH and see if that can give you any indications on why it fail. I would also try to diagnose the SMB and NFS issues as you're beginning to run out of protocols... :wink:
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
PaveFE
First post

Post by PaveFE »

I'm having the same issue, my NAS (TS-453A) keeps blocking and re-adding my IP address. It did this once before and then just stopped. Now it's doing it again and nothing has changed on my end. HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS STOP OR FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING ON????

Update - After a little while, this process just stops.
Last edited by PaveFE on Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

Instead of YELLING AROUND please give same information about your client system.
Linux/Windows/Mac?
Why did you enable IP security? Is NAS exposed to internet?
What have you already done to figure it out? Did you enable the connection logs as advised in the 1+ year old thread?

Regards
reedwa
First post

Post by reedwa »

In my case, after adding a new PC with Win11 to our network, the error started soon after user data were migrated to the new system. Turns out that shortcuts to NAS resources on the users desktop we getting backed up by Microsoft One Drive Sync. For some reason the MS Sync process tried to access NAS SMB data using the MS user name instead of the stored NAS access credentials. Once we disabled MS One Drive Sync the error stopped. We didn't look further since MS Sync is not used on our system but that is a good place to start looking when trying to fix this error.

Return to “Miscellaneous”