QVR Pro 2.0.0.0 Upgrade

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
gribnut
Starting out

QVR Pro 2.0.0.0 Upgrade

Post by gribnut »

After upgrading QVR Pro to 2.0.0.0, found two possible bugs that I do not recall seeing with 1.4.x versions:

1)- Recorded audio from camera distorted/noisy/unusable.
I have a camera with built in mic and streaming/recording using H.265. When viewing camera in "live" mode, audio is fine. However, when viewing any recorded video, audio is very noisy and distorted. This is true even for recordings that occurred prior to upgrade. I cannot say for certain this issue did not exist prior to upgrade. I don't have audio turned up most times that I view previous recordings. Since recordings prior to upgrade are also noisy/distorted during playback, would seem that either QVR 2.0 has issue with playback of audio (format used in my recordings) or issue also existed with previous version in my setup. QNAP does indicate that one cannot downgrade after updating QVR to 2.0, but I suspect that has more to do with meta data in database.

2) - Editing camera settings causes playback of recordings to fail
Seems that any time I edit setting on camera (e.g. change motion detection from camera to QVR Pro or vice versa), I'm unable to playback video of previous recordings in the QVR Pro client apps. After making a change to a single camera, when I attempt to go back to earlier time/date in QVR client, the video does not play (timestamp does increment). This occurs for all cameras (not just one that was edited) for all clients. Restart of QVR Pro fixes problem.
gribnut
Starting out

Re: QVR Pro 2.0.0.0 Upgrade

Post by gribnut »

Update on #2 - Appears that inability to playback recordings is not triggered by editing camera. Issue occurs after QVR Pro has been running for a while (after a few hours). Restart of QVR Pro app on NAS always fixes. Recommend waiting for patch/update before upgrading to 2.0.
somy1982
Easy as a breeze

Post by somy1982 »

Looks like 2.0 is very buggy, I couldn’t even get it started!
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

A useful thread. I am also having problems are I was upgraded to 2.0.0.0
1) Recorded audio is very distorted
2) Windows client "previous event" button not working. I wonder if this feature only works with recordings made with this version of the application?
3) No recordings from 6th March!

Call raised.
JTRACKER
New here

Post by JTRACKER »

Why is it that this new update no longer highlights the events in red as had the previous version. I changed no settings, but also cannot find anything related to event colour while recording.

I have also been having exceptionally frequent camera disconnects with this "new" application.

Anyone else?
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I suspect all these issues are as a result of the upgrade. I would raise a call and expect a fix in due course.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

spile wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:24 pm A useful thread. I am also having problems are I was upgraded to 2.0.0.0
1) Recorded audio is very distorted
2) Windows client "previous event" button not working. I wonder if this feature only works with recordings made with this version of the application?
3) No recordings from 6th March!

Call raised.
Update...
1) QNAP support: "Audio playback issue will be solved in QVR Pro v2.0.0.1."
2) I am able to use the previous event function on recordings made since the upgrade
3) I have to assume this was the result of a firmware upgrade so cannot do anything about this.
gribnut
Starting out

Post by gribnut »

Thanks for update spile. I've also submitted QNAP support request for the two issues I listed. I've not had time to engage support with follow up (and screen share). Good to know the distorted audio is on their radar and slated to be fixed in next update.

I'm still having intermittent problem with playback of recorded videos from any/all clients since upgrading to 2.0.0.0. All seems to run fine for about a day after restarting QVR Pro on NAS. But then once a client is unable to playback a recorded video, all clients fail until I restart QVR Pro.

Shortly after upgrading, a disk on the recording volume started logging block errors. Thought that may be the cause (e.g. client accessed recording on bad block). I moved my recording location to new disks (and removed old location and rebuilt index). But I've seen playback issue once after moving to new disks. Guess I'll have to follow up with support screen share to see if resolve. See that folks have had a few other issues with upgrade such as QVR Pro not starting but I've not had that problem. So far, looks like I'm only one with the intermittent playback issue on forum. Will update if support able to resolve.
Sean-ML1234
New here

Post by Sean-ML1234 »

QVR will not even start after the upgrade
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

Sean-ML1234 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:25 pm QVR will not even start after the upgrade
Have you opened a call?
gribnut
Starting out

Post by gribnut »

QVR Pro 2.0.0.1 released today. I've applied update and found it did fix noisy audio for recorded playback.

Code: Select all

- Fixed an issue where noise happens during playback when the audio is recorded under the G711 A-law format.
No mention of any fixes for my other issue (intermittent failure to playback recordings) or any mention of a fix for problem other users are having where QVR does not start. I do have a ticket open w/ QNAP on the intermittent failure to playback recordings. I'll give 2.0.0.1 a couple of days to see if that problem still exists.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I no longer appear to have any issues playing back recordings and as you say the audio issue is fixed.
However...
After installing the Windows client update, I HAD (otherwise no live or playback) to purchase HEVC video extensions from the Microsoft store. Only 79p but mildly annoying.
gribnut
Starting out

Post by gribnut »

Update: After working with QNAP support over last few weeks around problem where occasionally unable to playback video. Found issue w/ iOS client where it doesn't properly release playback request and when frequently selecting different viewing times by iOS client the playback daemon queue becomes full preventing all devices from playback. QNAP support has indicated this issue will be resolved in next update of QVR Pro client for iOS.

On a somewhat related note, I updated QVR Pro client on my Mac to v2.0.0.2174 and found it has new feature of "Smart Search" when used with QVR Pro 2.0 on NAS. Smart Search does cost $20 for perpetual license. Verdict is still out but since my cameras are hit and miss on event detection, found Smart Search seems to be improvement over manually scanning video recordings for movement/events missed by my cameras and worth the $20 (promotional discount through June per QNAP store). I had tried configuring QVR Pro to scan for movement on incoming streams, but that option doesn't work to apply to all cameras due to amount of resources needed (a single stream used quite a bit of CPU). I don't fully understand the QVR Elite so that could also be option but also not keen on monthly subscription for how I use. Using Smart Search on previous recordings seems to be a good compromise for my use.
gribnut
Starting out

Post by gribnut »

QVR Pro Client_iOS 1.9.1.210412 was released yesterday. Per QNAP, this included fix for my issue with intermittent playback. Since updating iOS clients, I've not seen problem so appears issue has been resolved.
jgbluegreen
New here

Post by jgbluegreen »

well I upragaded to 2.0 and I get blank emails ....
Can not get snapshot from channel-03 Error ret=-2

I mean this is junk software!!!

Return to “Surveillance Solution”