Issues about setting up a LAN network.

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Knosenville2
Starting out

Issues about setting up a LAN network.

Post by Knosenville2 »

Hi, all Forum members!

I want to set up a LAN-network with link aggregation from my QNAP TS-653D-8G two 2.5 gb ports to the two 2.5 gb ports on a Netgear MS510TXPP switch and a connection from the 5 gb port on the switch to a adapter that supports this and connect the adapter to a thunderbolt 3 connection on a HP Thunderbolt-dock 230 W G2 which is connected to my HP ZBook 17 G6 laptop.
I wonder if this will work and what speed I will get between the NAS and the computer? I also need to know which adapters will support and function well between the switch and the docking station? It`s difficult to find information about this setup and if it will work properly. I need a fast backup solution for SolidWorks CAD-files and other related files.

Unfortunately I`m not so experienced or have good knowledge about setting up this kind of networks. I`m very grateful for all advises that can help me!
I have already purchased the Laptop, NAS and Switch but not the adapter. I don`t know if a adapter that support 5 gbs will be Ok for max speed or if I have to buy a 10 gbs adapter?

Please excuse my bad english, I am Swedish and not so used to writing in english.

Hope to see some useful information here soon!
Have a good time all QNAP users and others!

Return to “Users' Corner”