No sound in Surveillance Station recordings

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
dxfoxd
Starting out

No sound in Surveillance Station recordings

Post by dxfoxd »

Hi All,

After a search on this forum I did not manage to solve my problem.

I have a QNAP TS 459 PRO (firmware 3.4.0 Build 0214T) and an Axis M1031-W IP camera (firmware 5.20.1).

- The live view of the camera works fine (incl. audio).
- The live view of the Surveillance Station contains no audio
- Surveillance Station Recordings contains no audio (I've tried all kinds of settings, including a factory reset).

Is this a known problem at someone? Does anybody know a solution for this?

Peter
dxfoxd
Starting out

Re: No sound in Surveillance Station recordings

Post by dxfoxd »

Anyone? C'mon guys, this camera is tested and aproved by Qnap. Or aren't there any Qnap moderators on this forum?
jenskofoed
First post

Post by jenskofoed »

I have the TS119 with firmware 3.4.1 build 0315T and the Axis M1031-W firmware 5.20.1
All most the same...
Live view of the camera works fine incl audio. MJpeg
At the surveillance station I can see the camera in live view but no audio
With manual recording (schedule) I recorded 1 file with audio, but no video. 3 other files will not play at all. no audio no video
And I can not get any motion dection recording to work at all.
/Jens
maswi
First post

Post by maswi »

I'm still having the same problem with a QNAP 2008 Pro and Axis M1054 (latest firmware).
Thanks to the customer support, I received the specification for fixing it: QNAP NVR supports AXIS cameras only with G726(32K) audio format. And now it works fine.

Marco
hector2568
New here

Post by hector2568 »

It's June of 2017 and I am also having the same problem! I see this string began in 2011....
I am running a TS-451 with 8GB of RAM and a D-Link DCS-2530L ip camera, which is on the compatibility list. Unfortunately, I get no audio on the recording when linked to my TS-451. It does record audio when recorded to the onboard microSD card, so I know it has a built in mic.

QNAP, is there no fix to the audio/sound issue?

Thank you.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

QNAP, is there no fix to the audio/sound issue?
This is not QNAP - it's the community forum.
Best to submit a HelpDesk ticket to QNAP to get the problem resolved : https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
io io
Starting out

Post by io io »

I realize that my answer is 10 years too late... However, here there is my 2 cents:
I have recording files in AVI encodings generated by my Surveillance Station on a QNAP TS-470 Pro from an old BL-C111A Panasonic security camera.
I remember that QNAP informed at some point that the recordings have no audio. Am I wrong?!?!... Maybe.
However, double-clicking on the avi file in the File Station folder list, Media Viewer opens up playing the file WITH AUDIO.
Opening the same avi file with VLC player in Windows 10 or with Windows Media Player does not play with audio.
Trying to open it with Films & TV Windows player, errors out with "This item was encoded in a format that's not supported.".
What I did is: I converted the AVI file to a MP4 format using Wondershare Video Editor and... the converted mp4 file plays with audio.

I thought that my 2 cents would help this post.

Good luck!
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Surveillance Solution”