HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync - Backup

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Sequent0307
New here

HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync - Backup

Post by Sequent0307 »

Hallo alle zusammen :),

ich betreibe seit längeren eine QNAP TS-453B als zentrales Backupsystem für alle meine Endgeräte.

Nun möchte ich sicherheitshalber alle Daten verschlüsselt auf OneDrive hochladen.
Hierfür habe ich die "HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync" App heruntergeladen und auch konfiguriert.

Grundsätzlich hat alles ohne weitere Probleme funktioniert (so hoffe ich), jedoch möchte ich natürlich das Backup zumindest 1x die Woche auf OneDrive hochladen. Werden bei dem Job immer alle Daten neu verschlüsselt und hochgeladen oder nur geänderte und neue Dateien?

Mein Ziel ist es, dass immer nur die veränderten und neuen Dateien hochgeladen werden, weil jede Woche ein FullBackup durchführen, ist bei 1-2 TB Daten nicht praktikabel und durchführbar.

Danke vorab für eure Unterstützung :)
Liebe Grüße, Markus
OneCD
Guru

Re: HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync - Backup

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

This is an English-language-only forum. Please post only in English. Thank you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Fuer Deutschen Support geht's hier lang:
For German support, this way:

https://forum.qnapclub.de
Sequent0307
New here

Post by Sequent0307 »

Hello,

I´m very sorry, I forgot that is an english-language forum.

I will try again ;) ...

I have a QNAP TS-453B as a central backup system for all my devices in place.
Now I have downloaded the HBS3 Hybrid Backup Sync App and configured it. The files from my QNAP NAS will be encrypted and then synchronized to MS OneDrive.
That works fine, but I want to create a cronjob / a task to synchronize the files once a week.

If the task starts it seems that the app synchronizes all data again, even if the files haven´t been changed.
Is it possible to encrypt and synchronize only new or modified files once a week?

Thanks in advance,
BR, Markus
leyeti
Getting the hang of things

Post by leyeti »

I have same question but for both MSOneDrive and FTP , on large amount of Data (Several Go) on low bandwith so, fully rewrite is crazy. (While Filezilla propose to not change if same size, date, etc ) Thanks to anyone given us help.
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I don't know how easy the 'object' based storage of cloud providers can be updated (in terms of granular access)

A good question for QNAP support
leyeti

Post by leyeti »

dolbyman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:40 am I don't know how easy the 'object' based storage of cloud providers can be updated (in terms of granular access)
A good question for QNAP support
If you have any access, that would be nice because It is really disappointing how poor is this MAJOR piece of software for a NAS. In addition the SFTP is not supported.
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

What do you mean with access .. access to what ? .. Cloud Storage ?
leyeti

Post by leyeti »

dolbyman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:56 am What do you mean with access .. access to what ? .. Cloud Storage ?
Access to QNAP Dev Team. It seems they are quite impossible to reach
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

When I open a call via the Helpdesk, I get a fast response and issues are dealt with promptly.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

leyeti wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:47 pm Access to QNAP Dev Team. It seems they are quite impossible to reach
For very good reasons. Direct access to devs work in small (particularly FOSS) organizations. If Qnap allowed that, they wouldn't have time to produce any code as they would be stuck in endless discussions with hundreds of users all complaining about the same issues. Qnap support is in place to channel questions and suggestions to developement.

If anything, I think that you should rather try to get hold of the HBS PM. I know that I would like to have a chat with that person.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Backup & Restore”