QVR Pro backup to OneDrive using HBS3

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
iwolke
New here

QVR Pro backup to OneDrive using HBS3

Post by iwolke »

I switched to using QVR Pro on my TS-453A (16 Gb, 4x4Tb, 4 cams). It took some tweaking, I'm not done yet, but most of it is stable and working.

What I want to do is keep an off-site copy of my surveillance data in OneDrive. I'm using HBS3 to set up a one-way, real-time sync (mirror) to my OneDrive space. I've chosen the \Standard_Format folder as SOURCE.
The result I see is quite unexpected; it does synchronize, but only to the situation at job start; it synchonizes the dates and hourly directories until the moment I started the sync job. Any future files and directories added to the SOURCE folder seem to be ignored by the HBS3 job.

Fun fact: when I manually copy a test directory containing some files into the SOURCE folder it gets synced to OneDrive straight away.

I haven't been able to replicate this behaviour with test directories, using each combination of active/one-way/two-way sync and move/copy/mirror options.

Anyone who can help? I've seen other messages on this forum on the combination of HBS3 and real-time cloud synchronizing issues but not about this specific behaviour.

Kind regards,

Ignasz
spile
Been there, done that

Re: QVR Pro backup to OneDrive using HBS3

Post by spile »

Have you opened a call? What was the response?
iwolke
New here

Post by iwolke »

Yes, I have.

Unfortunately, the response was : "Unfortunately, QVR Pro doesn't support real time backup due to technical concerns."
As you see, hardly informative.

They suggested to change into a periodic backup. For security reasons however, you'd have to rely on near realtime synchronizing to keep off site copies when a NAS is destroyed or removed.

Anyone has a better idea?

Kind regards,
Ignasz
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I backup my events to an external usb Drive.
pr1970
Starting out

Post by pr1970 »

Hi
Did you ever solve this? am too trying to get this to work, have tried one drive, google drive and now ftp. ftp works the best but still need to do periodic backups which is annoying. thanks
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

Did you try scheduling instead of a live backup? Syncing video files that may be open and locked will be problematic unless the app is designed specifically for that (which I would doubt).
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]

Return to “Surveillance Solution”