ts-431p keeps blowing away my entire photo database

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
starmanj
New here

ts-431p keeps blowing away my entire photo database

Post by starmanj »

I have 200,000 photos. It takes weeks to index, thumbnail, and have qumagie do object and people detection. As soon as it's nearly done, it starts all over again. Indexing has retained all data, but thumbnails and AI stuff starts again. Unbelievably frustrating!
My drives are all new and no problems indicated. Why would it do this? Latest firmware, all apps updated. QTS 5.0.1. The only strange behavior is I can't set a destination for "event log settings" in qulog center. Destination field lets me select my default storage, I hit apply, and it disappears next time.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: ts-431p keeps blowing away my entire photo database

Post by dolbyman »

best to open a ticket with QNAP, nothing we can do about it here (user forum)

Also most regulars here will use the NAS as a NAS and avoid all of these QNAP program "bells and whistles' (for even such reason)
ll5k698dfg
Starting out

Post by ll5k698dfg »

I'm planning to use qumagie as well, so am very interested in updates on your findings and experiences
[Main Server]
QNAP TS-872X7 (QuTS)
PCIe Gen3 x4: QNAP QM2-2P-344 with 2 x 2TB XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe
8 x WD102KFBX 10TB Red Pro, RAID6

[Backup]
TS-128A
18TB WD181KFGX Red Pro
doodles56
Starting out

Post by doodles56 »

I have had the same experience with QuMagie. It seems that restarting Container Station or QNAP AI Core - or rebooting my NAS - causes QuMagie to churn through all the photos again, and lose all the recognition metadata.
Pretty worthless if you have to repeat the process every time you want to use it.
I just created a support ticket with QNAP about it. Will report back here if I hear anything.
NAS model: QNAP TS-453D
Firmware version: 5.0.1.2376
masterallen
Starting out

Post by masterallen »

I found another forum post that suggested restarting the service, and that's a temporary workaround. SSH into your NAS and run the below command to restart the qMedia Service. After restarting the service, all photos in QuMagie for all users will reappear, without having to re-index, or regenerate any Thumbnails, Facial Recognition, Object, and Similar photo data.

This however, ceases to work after the server is shutdown or rebooted, until you execute the command again. Adding this to the autorun on startup does not appear to resolve this.

Command to execute in SSH session:
/etc/init.d/QMediaService.sh restart
ll5k698dfg
Starting out

Post by ll5k698dfg »

Thanks for sharing that
[Main Server]
QNAP TS-872X7 (QuTS)
PCIe Gen3 x4: QNAP QM2-2P-344 with 2 x 2TB XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe
8 x WD102KFBX 10TB Red Pro, RAID6

[Backup]
TS-128A
18TB WD181KFGX Red Pro
yturkyilmaz
New here

Post by yturkyilmaz »

I have TS-431P. No showing thumbnails of the mp4 videos. I tried regenerate thumbnail and re-indexing it is not working. I have never had a similar problem before. My NAS has become slower with every update since the day I bought it, Features and some running applications were trimmed with each update. When I open Filestation on my Nas device, I want to see small previews of my videos. Is it very difficult to do this? :(
Think ! You buy a NAS device, you cannot see the thumbnails of your videos! You should be ashamed qnap...
Ekran Resmi 2024-03-08 22.45.03.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

No need to dig out old topics if you already opened one

viewtopic.php?p=860450

topic -> closed

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”