TS-453D only showing 3 of 4 drives being available

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
wolfhound8932
New here

TS-453D only showing 3 of 4 drives being available

Post by wolfhound8932 »

I recently received my QNAP TS-453D back from QNAP after a motherboard replacement. I installed the four 3Tb drives into the unit. I logged into QTS 5.0 to start the initial set-up (again). Most of the process went smooth, that is until I went to setup a Volume. It showed that only 3 out of the 4 drives were available to be used in a RAID 5 configuration. This was not the case prior to the motherboard replacement, not sure if this could cause this. Maybe a firmware change is causing this issue?
dosborne
Experience counts

Re: TS-453D only showing 3 of 4 drives being available

Post by dosborne »

Maybe you could provide some screen captures and more info. What is the firmware now? Did you wipe the drives or are you trying to restore from a previous setup? Are the drives physically recognized? etc
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Post by diwiwi »

wolfhound8932 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:37 am I logged into QTS 5.0 to start the initial set-up (again). Most of the process went smooth
Are you saying that you re-initialized the NAS ? (and therefore deleted all data and config)

Are all disks appearing in Storage & Snapshots > Disks/VJBOD ?

-
wolfhound8932
New here

Post by wolfhound8932 »

When the unit came back from QNAP I installed all new drives into it, so I guess it would be a re-initialize.

All the disks are appearing in Storage & Snapshots > Disks/VJBOD

In the storage snapshot jpg I attached the storage calculation for four 3TB in RAID 5 appears to be too low.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Post by diwiwi »

Well if you had not copied data to your volume yet,
You can still remove the current volume and storage pool, and create a new storage.

-
wolfhound8932
New here

Post by wolfhound8932 »

Thankfully I have not moved any data. Once I saw the anomaly I decided I needed to resolves the issue before I moved any data. So, I will try and rebuild the storage pool and volume. Hopefully, all four drives will be available.

Return to “NAS Management”