QNAP Qsync as a Flatpak

Discussion about using NAS on Linux and Unix OS.
szelbi
First post

QNAP Qsync as a Flatpak

Post by szelbi »

Hello everyone,
I was wondering what do you think about the QNAP Qsync app being released as a Flatpak and published on, for example, Flathub which is the biggest and most popular place to get and distribute Flatpak apps for all of desktop Linux.
You might ask why. Currently the QNAP Qsync application is only available for the Debian-based distributions because it is released in the .deb package format (you can use alien to convert it, but it causes a lot of problems and is also not recommended). Flatpak has one big advantage: an application built with it can be used in almost all of the Linux distributions, without any modifications needed. In addition, Flatpak is easily integrated into the Linux desktop, making it easier to browse, install and use Flatpak applications, for example, the GNOME Software Center can be used to install Flatpaks. Many of the distributions support Flatpaks out of the box, including Fedora, openSUSE and Mint.
In my case, since I use openSUSE, it would be great to have QNAP Qsync available as a Flatpak (and preferably on Flathub). I would like to hear your opinion on this topic before I email QNAP directly, so they know if the community really needs this.

https://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/introduction.html

Return to “Linux & Unix (NFS)”