Unwanted file removal

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
RoyDuinkerken
New here

Unwanted file removal

Post by RoyDuinkerken »

Hello, as first: sorry for possibly not posting this new topic in the correct category.

My issue
I save a file in my /share/ folder, this file is created by a QNAP admin, the file permissions are 644.
This file had been unwantedly deleted multiple times, not by an administrator or user but probably (what I think) an automatic service which cleans the files.

Files inside my /web/ folder are not currently removed, here I've also had issues, these were due to the Malware Remover.

Since the Malware Remover is still installed, I had analyzed the logs due to the suspicion of this being the cause. The Malware Remover is not the cause of the unwanted file removals.

About
Type: TS-473A
Version: QTS 5.0.1.2376 (2023/04/21)

I hope you can help me find a solution to this issue.

Thank you in advance!
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: Unwanted file removal

Post by FSC830 »

Malware remover checks system files, not user data. Thus MR do not remove user files, except may be an user modified autorun.sh (not sure, at least at one of my NAS the modified autorun.sh was reported as security risk).
I do not know a service which removes files, did you create some backup/sync jobs? As far as I know there is somewhere an option remove data at original location.
What is the name of the share? My guess, its not "folder"...

Regards
RoyDuinkerken
New here

Re: Unwanted file removal

Post by RoyDuinkerken »

FSC830 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:01 am Malware remover checks system files, not user data. Thus MR do not remove user files, except may be an user modified autorun.sh (not sure, at least at one of my NAS the modified autorun.sh was reported as security risk).
I do not know a service which removes files, did you create some backup/sync jobs? As far as I know there is somewhere an option remove data at original location.
What is the name of the share? My guess, its not "folder"...

Regards
Hello.

The file which gets deleted is located inside of '/share/' and the extension of the file is '.ini'.

The '/share/' folder is not visible inside the NAS file station.
I have created the file through an SSH connection.

There are currently no backup/sync jobs present.

I hope this information helps you with better understanding my problem.

Thanks for your response,

Roy Duinkerken

Return to “Miscellaneous”